RG550EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG550EX

Purchased from: georges music...

Ibanez have always been known for makeing guitars that are best suited for metal/punk rock players, and this model help shape the metal/punk scene. I can't say enough about the great metal tones. I play it through a Peavey ultra head, and a 5150 cab and it just kills! The only downfall it has is the floyd rose. If you want to play C tunnings, or any drop tunnings you'll need to have someone set it up for you. All in all, it's ideal for anything from Metallica to Bluegrass!

Again, it's just a good metal guitar. Standard E and D tunning, are what I use on it, the 24 frets are great for soloing, and the low end is unreal with 11's or 12's. If it were stolen, it would be missed! But I don't think I would buy it again because of the tremolo. At the time I bought it I played more punk, but as I grew as a player and learned about equipment, I just wanted something meaner.

I play live with it, and it's never gave me any problems. If you do break a string live its better to have a back up, the floyd rose takes sometime to get use to. Strap buttons are are huge, so play as rough as you want. I've dinged it up a lot, but the finish stands up nice.

2000 model, 24 jumbo frets, rosewood and maple neck, and gloss black finish. The RG has a Strat body style, with a floyd rose tremolo. No batteries, passive electronics, controled by 5-way selector and one volume and one tone knob. The 470 has a HSH pickup configuration, a V7, S1, V8. The tuners are non-locking and no accessories.

SHOCKTHERAPY
    this guitar is really amazing!! you can play very fast, and it so easy to tune it! i bought it 1 year ago, i have it custom because i bought some extra parts, but originally guitar is perfect it has very powerful distortion and very soft clean. And amazing is that you can play every tipe of music on it! if you change your magnet position you can even play jazz on her! so the only better guitar in my opinion is gibson less pole , or paul red smith 513 .
    justine3563
    anyone here.just want to know, whats the meaning of "ex" an "dx"?? example:rg350"dx" thanks
    blooddrunk
    I have this guitar. it stays in tune like a mutha and the neck is the best one i have ever played. it made me into an ibanez player