RG560 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG560

Purchased from: pawn shop

This guitar represents the shredder era of the late '80s. It was meant for metal and speed. It sounds amazing, I put a Seymour Duncan Full Shred pickup in the bridge, and it has a full, powerful disortion roar that I love. This guitar is meant for shred, I don't think this guitar would suit a blues or jazz player.

This guitar rocks, this is truely my dream guitar. The 560 was discontinued in 1993, and are hard to find today, but still very inexpensive. from 200-500 dollars, depending on the condition, etc. If you want a guitar for metal and speed, look no furthur, the 560 is here for you. This is just an 550 with the S/S/H configuration. This is truely a steal, and I would not be surprised if in the future these became collectables and the value went up.

This guitar is the best RG I have ever played, it sounds, looks and feels amazing. I use this for gigs without backup all the time. It has never failed me. I broke a string a few times and had to borrow a guitar, but aside from this, the guitar is the fine.

When I got htis guitar the finish was perfect, the action was perfect, it was just awesome. It had stayed great condition for the past 15 years, some had taken care of it. Sadly, I chipped it a little on the upper right side of the body, and the finish is extremly thick and weak, and the edges not smooth, so you should be careful with this guitar. Overall it looks amazing, but is not for the careless player, for you might lose the saddle blocks or the locking nuts.

This is possibly the nicest RG I have ever played. It was made in Japan and a 1990 model. It was a rosewood fretboard with 24 jumbo frets. It was the original wizard neck and the old style Ibanez binding neck plate. The body is of basswood, but I'm not to sure about the neck though. It has a deep, purpilish maroon color, almost red. It has a super-Strat body shape, and these older RGs have the cutaway different on the top part. It has an Ibanez Edge licensed floyd rose. It has a S/S/H configuration, and it comes with IBZS1 in the neck and middle, and an IBZV2 in the bridge. It comes with a 5-way Switch. The pickups are the only thing that hold this guitar back, they are weak, muddy, and noisy, like all Ibanez pickups to date. It has original grover Gotoh tuners, double locking trem. It did not come with a case, I had to go back to the pawn shop a week later, and they had the original custom Ibanez case, which I bought for 40 dollars.