RG560 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG560

Purchased from: Bill's Music House

I've seen a lot of complaints about muddy or low tone outta the single-coils, but I have no complaints at all about the tone. I did raise the single-coils as high as I could get them without interfering with the strings, just to get me a better glam tone (I recently started a glam group, so I needed a good glam tone), but this guitar can do it all. Blues? Play it through the center or neck. Metal? Play it outta the bridge. Punk? Heck, play it outta anything. Anything in between? Flick a Switch and twiddle a knob, you've got it in seconds.

I play a bit of almost everything, and this guitar hasn't failed me yet. I wouldn't let anything happen to this guitar, and if I can find one I'll get another RG560 to go along with this one. I love the sheer versatility of this guitar, and the super-fast neck, and there is not one single thing I hate about this guitar. I played probably 50 guitars, even a Jem, and I like this guitar more than any of them. Yes, even more than the Jem.

All I have to say is: if all I've managed to do to this baby is chip the finish, this can survive anything.

Not sure how much work was done on this baby when I got it, but when I came into posession of it the action was, again, perfect. The only complaint in this section is numerous dings and one major chunk outta the guitar. This guitar mustve taken a beating over the years, cause I'm kinda rough with it and I've yet to hurt it at all. Except the big 'ol chunk outta the finish, courtesy my awful strap I had on it. The guitar managed to catch the edge of my amp at just the right angle to take a big ol piece off the corner of the finish. But other than that, I haven't managed to hurt this baby.

My 560 is used, so I don't know its history. It's from between '87 and '89, but that's about all I know about it. Standard 560 fittings (H/S/S pickups, Edge trem, 5-way with vol and tone, Wizard neck), standard RG body. I put in straplocks after my strap died and came off the button (strap's fault, not the guitar, mind you - awful strap), which turned out to be a bad idea; the screws were ever so slightly smaller than the holes, so I have to tighten the new buttons two or three times a week.

acoustic87
    I have one with a maple fretboard. I don't think the neck was changed because it has says 560 on the neck. The finish is silver. This baby is scarred in a lot of places though.
    livingdisection
    I was very impressed with the stock pup's, and the playability is out of this world. Ive got a '90, and its the only one of my guitars with stock pup's.
    Fenderexpx50
    I agree with you on the pickups. I really like them. They're about on par with Duncans or Dimarzios. They're a little lacking clean, but when using distortion they really shine. I'm leaving mine in.