RG560 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG560

Purchased from: Jemsite member

Outstanding tone! As with all RG-500 series, this one is just as great. With the added pickups, I can get just about any tone I'm after. From nice low-end chugga chugga to sweet and singing cleans. I've run it through my Carvin Legacy, B-52 AT100, Epiphone Valve Jr and Dime Blacktooth - sounds great through all of them. It also sounds great plugged straight into my mixing board with effects. I use too many effects to list - everything from a variety of distortions/ODs, chorus, flanger to my homemade pedals. The pickups are not noisy at all - the DiMarzios are hum cancelling.

- What style of music do you play? Is this a good match? Hard rock and metal - perfect match! - How long have you been playing? What other gear do you own? 29 years and I own 36 Ibanez guitars and a ton of gear. - Is there something you wish you had asked before buying this product? No. - If it were stolen / lost, would you buy it again or get something else? I'd get another just like it. - What do you love about it? What do you hate? What is your favorite feature? I love the purple neon finish, the Wizard neck and the Ibanez Edge trem the most. - Did you compare it to other products? Which ones? Why did you choose this one? I'm an Ibanez collector, so I had to add an RG560 to the bunch. - Anything you wish it had? No - it's got everything I need.

I rely on my 500 series guitars for my everyday use, and this one is no exception. There's a reason they're sought after all these years later - THEY LAST!

These 560s are just like their other 500 series brothers. The action can be set super low, as I always set mine. I can set the action so low, that a business card barely fits between the frets and the strings - with NO fret buzz or fretting out. The neck to pocket fit is perfect on these. Finish? Well, mine's a Purple Neon - you all know how I am about my purple babies! Aside from the color, the finish is very durable. Of course, it's only as good as you treat it. The Edge trem is second-to-none.

- What year was it made? Where was is made? 1992 Made in Japan - How many frets? Neck/Scale: 24 frets, thin Wizard neck - Solid-Top? Laminated top: solid - Body and neck woods? Basswood body, maple neck and rosewood fretboard - Finish: Purple Neon - Body style: Super-Strat - Bridge style Ibanez Original Edge - Active or Passive electronics: Passive - Which controls are given: 1 volume 1 tone and 5-way lever switch - Pickup configuration? H-S-S, DiMarzio Tone Zone, DiMarzio Fast Track 2 and DiMarzio Chopper - Tuners: Gotoh - Any included accessories? Mine came with OHSC and a purple DiMarzio ClipLok strap