RG570 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG570

Purchased from: eBay

Most Ibanez guitars seem to cover a wide range of musical styles, including what I play, which is most genres of metal. Recently I have been using it with a Mesa/Boogie Mark IV combo through some boss pedals and the sound is fantastic. But then again what wouldn't sound good on that amp. At first I had heard bad things about the stock pickups, but I find they're okay. For now anyway. They're not muddy or anything. But I hope to soon replace them with some Duncans perhaps. The only sound this guitar can't seem to get is a very sweet tone. Unless you're running it through the right effects I suppose. Not a perfect sound [with the stock p/ups], not a perfect score.

I really do love this guitar. I bought it because it has all the features I want on a guitar. 24 frets, thin neck, H/S/H pickups and a Floyd Rose trem. If I lost it I'd be pissed caus I have no money. But seriously, I'd probably go for another or save up some more for a new 2006 pro series Jackson. RR3 or something. When I was looking to buy this I did a lot of research and this was the only thing that had all I wanted in my price range. And what a deal too! Best $352 I ever spent. The only thing I wish it had was a nicer colour. But I suppose there's nothing wrong with Sparkle Apple Green.

Will it withstand live playing? Yes. Yes it will. Everything on this guitar seems very sturdy. I'm not worried about any surprises while playing live. But then again I wouldn't go without a backup. Not with any guitar. The only con here is that the finish seems a 'little' crackable.

This is where it counts. This is why people buy this guitar. After the initial gruelling work of setting up the action and intonation, it has one of the best necks I've ever played. The super thin original Wizard neck feels so damn comfortable. Very easy to play, and access to the higher frets is a breeze thanks to the nice jumbo frets. Seeing as I got this guitar second hand I didn't expect it to be in mind condition. And it wasn't. Fortunately everything is purely cosmetic. A few dents and scratches. Nothing you can see unless your'e right up close. A couple screws are rusted too.

If you're reading this you should already know most things about this guitar. One feature I particularly like is the huge strap buttons. I recently got a custom made strap and the holes on it were tiny. I had to cut it open to fit it on there, so I never ever worry about it falling off. I'll give it a perfect ten because it has everything I wanted in a guitar.