RG5EX1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG5EX1

The best style for this is hands down metal and shred. It's not great for Satriani and Li, but it is still good. For me being 15 and playing for 3 years, it is great. I use it with a Mimx 30 Amp, and I can't say how many sound effects you can get with that lol I love it, the Infinity pickups are good for they're style, nearly no feed back and a nice bright sound. You can get literally infinite variety through the Mimx amp and this guitar.

I love to play Satriani and Li type music, even though this guitar is not made for this style it fits just fine. I managed to get it for 300 due to a big, but easily fixed, dent in the finish, brand new but on a guitar center sale, and some persuasion of guitar center from my dad lol.If it was stolen I would first be very angry, then cry lol, then go on a hunt for the thief. Money wise, buy this guitar. Great trem, and if your 15 and non pro, its awesome, and if your 30 and traveling the world touring, its also great.I have nearly zero experience with buying guitars, I'm not a teen who buys everything with his parents money, so right now I just have this sick thing and another Ibanez beginner strat. I know a lot about guitars, I just need more experience, thanks for reading.

This is the most reliable guitar I've played. Everything is in perfect condition, obviously built to last, I would play with a backup, if I had one lol, and I just love it.The strap buttons have no issues, for live playing it is great because the trem has no potential to go out of tune.

Out of the factory the set-up needed work. I didn't want anybody touching my baby or having to lose mula, so I spent a lot of time fixing the trem setup, I demand perfection, and I now have it. Now the trem will and can not go out of tune. The intonation was sharp but I spent a little time and its fine now. Finish is wearing off in some areas but hardly at all. I have no complaints about the hardware, but you just have to spend a little time to get thee right set-up.

For year made and I can't tell you much, but it's made in Indonesia. It has 24 frets on a maple neck, basswood body, an awesome flat black finish, and a super-strat style. The Edge III trem is amazing for the price, though you have to do setting up by yourself a little bit, it is nice. You have 1 each of volume and tone, fine tuners, and I love it. You won't sound like Herman Li, angels singing, but for 300, I got a sweet deal from the guitar center guy, probably hates me now, it is amazing.

sephiroth952
    Ive had mine for 2 years.Ive replaced the crappy inf pick-ups with a full set of dimarzios.The guitar screams now,and even gets more playtime then my MIJ Ibanez.