RG7321 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG7321

Purchased from: www.guitarasylum.com

This is a brilliant guitar for 7 stringers that are starting, or 6 stringers looking for a change. The sound is brilliant comapred to the amount of instruments I've played. I know a man in Yorkshire that customises his own insrtuments, because he likes the sound, but needs it in 7-string so he can play the best riffs and solos, all original, I've ever heard. There was a Les Paul 1969 converted, a bunch of Fender strats, teles and mustangs converted, Jackson SLSMG converted and a bunch of other guitars, but this beats them all. The pickups give the right tone needed, the neck pickup for rhythm, then flick it to bridge for solo. Excellent.

For my heavy-funk-light type of rock, it suits me perfectly. If I could choose another guitar, it would be the K-7, because that is probably the only guitar that can match the power given with the instrument in your hand.

The way I play it, it has survived a few beatings. It has survived a couple stage dives, where people have moved out the way leaving me to fall 9 feet to the floor. Assholes. Anyway, it can take angry crowd members trying to kick the crap out of it, and a few bumps against amps trying to get feedback on feedback-proof amps, but failing. Overall a tough guitar.

The whole guitar suited my needs. Low action, smooth neck and jumbo frets for heavy rhythm and solo, and a shiny finishin black, which I customised to the Pearlescent purple-gold-dark orange-blue flip paint used on cars. It confuses so many people at gigs.

My first Ibanez. Brilliant finish, Black. H-H pickups. Volume and tone controls. No tremelo, unfortunately. 5pc maple/walnut Wizard II neck. Basswood body. For $39.99 extra you get a gigbag. And It's free UPS shipping to anywhere in USA. But I live in England, so it's $245+ extra.