RG7321 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG7321

I mostly play rock, metal, and Indie stuff of my own invention, so 24 frets and 7 strings gives me pleanty of flexibility. The sound is whatI call "moldable" in that it responds nicely to various effects. The clean tone is a bit rough around the edges, but very full, but it shines with distortion, from overdrive fuzz to death metal screech. The (very very large) humbuckers have power enough for anything, although are not in their prime with clean tones. The resonance is excellent, despite the bolt-on neck, due to the solidity of the body; the humbuckers are only slightly sunk into the body, rather than residing in a cavity, as on a Strat.

A steller instrument. Short of a double neck, this is the most cost effective way to get great flexibility. You can even play some bass parts on this, with the lower string, depending on your tuning. I'd definitally buy another if I lost it; the only alternative would be scraping up the extra 2k and getting a Universe. I especially love the rg shape, coupled with the wizard neck. Thin and fast enough to do the job, but thick and wide enough to be sturdy. The rg's shape is almost perfect from a functionality standpoint; upper fret access and playbility and comfort are all top notch. Over all, quite excellent. I haven't touched my Strat in months.

Built like a tank with plastic bumpers. The pickup selector thingie (the little plastic piece that sticks on to the metal bar) has popped off a few times, and the input jack loosens up a tad from time to time. But the bridge, body, neck, and pickups are all soild as you could desire. All of the hardware, baring the aformentioned pickup selector thingie, are black finished and metal and should hold up very well, something I found suprising considering the price. Would that I had a band or gigs to go to, I'd definitally count on this one without backup. I've beaten it around a great deal already with my Townshend impressions, and it's holding up great. I wouldn't so readily count on other rg's with trems, though.

Despite being refurbised and made outside the US, the set up was amazing. It arrived 90% in tune, with near-perfect intonation and the relativly low action I so very love. I have zero complaints.

I have a 2005, Indonesian made RG7321. Equipped with a 5 piece 24 jumbo fretted Wizard II neck with a rosewood fingerboard, 2 humbuckers, basswood rg shaped srting-thru body, fixed bridge, 5-way selector, and mine came with a 8 foot cable of questionable quality. Oh yes, it has 7 strings too, would you believe. Full ratings because it has everything I need for what I play.

Vampry
    I Got this guitar too, and I love it! I totally agree with this review. The reviewer has the same problems as me; the pickup selector thingie pops off and the input jack loosens. But those problems aren't very important, the pickup selector stays in it's place if you don't get too rough on it, which isn't needed, and the input jack isn't a problem either. You guys can totally rely on the review posted on August 19th 2006 by the.spine.surfs!
    danabis
    im bored of my average jo 6 strings. Im saving up for this guitar, is it worth it? i hear thers a few lame problems like loose lead imput n sticking pickup changer, but thats what happens with my ibanez rg370dx. if someone can find a cheeper 7string can u let me know or leave a comment on this page? thanx.
    maszi
    Danabis...If you looking for a reeeealy cheap 7 stringer...you can try the Harley Benton HBR7 .... My friend bought a HB Bass...and It`s realy good!