RG7321 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG7321

Purchased from: Mean Ax Guitar

This is a great all around guitar that can play genres from cool rock all the way down to death metal. It has a rich tone that is easily ajustable with one nob. I usually use and distortion with chorus and delay and it just sounds great with it. The guitar is a great metal guitar but sometimes without the right amp setting it can be hard to get some pinched harmonics.

This is a great guitar for what I play and it is the first Brand New guitar I've bought and I bought it for the soul reason of playing Baritone songs without have a Baritone guitar which can't be put in normal tuning without the right strings. It is great for death metal (Amon Amart) and can still play my Red Hot Chilli Peppers suberbly. If I didn't get this guitar I would have gotten the way more expensive S7320 still made by Ibanez.

I have never did any live playing but when recording I have not had any problems it was able to be easily set where I needed it and be changed on the fly. I have done a lot with the straps on and nothing has happened yet. I have hit it off my chair a few times and nothing has happened to it not even a chip. It is a very durable guitar.

I got the guitar from the store just after they finished cleaning and restringing it with some ernie ball seven strings and it sounded great. The tuning was a normal tuning from lowest to highest BEADGBE. Nothing was wrong with it and it was ready to play. The pickups are great I still have the stock but I think I might get the DiMarzio like on the Apex's.

This guitar has a Wizard II light weight maple neck which most people don't mention has a nice slant to it that makes it extra easy to reach the seventh string. It is a 2 fret with a nice black finish that gets dirty relatively easy but when it is cleaned looks amazing. The bridge style is a String-thru body which is nice with the added tension but I would really enjoy having a tremolo bar.

Slacker996
    Actually, on guitarcenter.com it's only $380!!! that's where i'm gettin mine. ****. i mean, it's actually in my parents price range, munky has one. how could i not???
    no munky uses Ibanez K7 series
    Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
    ^ yeah no shit how can you even IMPLY that Munky uses the RG rather than the K(orn)-7 (parentheses showing what the K means, i know its not the Korn 7)
    the.spine.surfs
    Slacker996 wrote: Either this for christmas or an epiphone G-310
    Certainly this, or any other hardtail RG.
    c.o.c.-yeah
    I found some pickups out of an RG1527 prestige on ebay for $45 and had them installed in mine and it sounds like a guitar that cost $300 more
    Steven036
    Its gonna be my next guitar.. Im planning on putting a Dimarzio Evo 7 in the bridge.
    Nephilyn lee
    I finally have mine.... and it F*#in Rocks! Got it on 02/02/2008. I paid 3000 rands{South Africa}.
    DP_SF_DTX_RATM
    I want this so bad...Mind me asking, is no trem bad? I'm still somewhat new to guitar (1 1/2 yrs)
    teig
    THis was my first 7 string, and a bargain at 329 (from Gak.co.uk) I couldn't have got anything better in my opinion, i played loads of other 6 strings and wanted something harder, so went on a whim and bought a 7 string - this one. Thank frick for that! 329 of brilliant 7 string beauty. Effortless harmonics (bridge and neck - nowhere between though? ) Brilliant clean and distorted - the neck pickup is just so warm clean! (the B is sweet), little bit boring distorted though i remember ( replaced it with a lovely Di marzio Blaze Neck) Only problem i had was that the bottom B had too low action and buzzed. Which took the whole of about 30 seconds to sort with a normal screw driver. Just brilliant.
    paul0461
    i have this guitar and for a first 7 string u cannot go wrong, all the amazingness of a rg series but simple none of this tremolo egdge rubbish
    Pingis_Or_Death
    With my amp. Heaven on earth!
    I'm sorry but I don't think your ibanez sounds like heaven through a 50 watt mg.