RG7321 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG7321

Purchased from: Local Guitar Center

This seven-string guitar suits my every need. I get amazing cleans and crazy distortion out of it. It gives you the low end of the B string but you still have your high e, which is another reason why I bought it. There is no noise at all, this thing is silent. I use this with my Roland Cube 60 and my Toneport to record things. This is a very versatile guitar. Most would think that you cannot play other than metal on this guitar, but you can. With the right gear settings you can get, like I said, amazing cleans. Everything is so dynamic and clear. But the pickups are lacking, the pickups suck. They sound good clean, but when I want distortion, it tends to get muddy and just bleh. A pickup change is definitely recommended when you purchase this guitar.

I play metal (death, black, prog, thrash, melodic death, symphonic black, etc. etc.) This guitar is perfect for me, I get the extended range and I still have my higher notes which is exactly what I want. This thing looks great, plays great, and most importantly, sounds great. I've been playing for roughly 3 years now, I can safely say that I know a thing or two. Buy this guitar, you will not regret it. This is a level-entry seven-string guitar, but it will not disappoint you. If you're looking for a cheap seven-string to experiment with, this is the one.

I have not yet gigged with it yet, but I'm 100% positive that it is a gig worthy guitar. The hardware is on there tight, they're not going anywhere anytime soon. I can go to gigs without anything else, it's just that dependable to me. The finish is kind of weird, because I have accidentally bumped it into things then went "Oh Shit!" then looked at it, but never found anything, this thing is clean. I never said it was a bad kind of weird, it's just my other guitar you can touch and it'll scratch.

I had to adjust the action on this guitar after I got it, it was a little too high for me, but other than that everything came out alright. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it when I bought it, the guys at the shop wiped it down with some cleaner and polish while we were still doing the transaction, now it's shiny.

This guitar features the basics. Two humbucking pickups, fixed bridge, 5-way toggle switch, and a volume and tone knob. This guitar is made in Indonesia, but it feels very well put together. It features a basswood body with a maple/rosewood neck. The neck is a bolt-on neck, but don't be afraid, it is very easy to access the upper frets. It comes with the Standard fixed bridge, HardTail. I like that because I'm not a fan of trems.

metalist86435
    i'm kinda doubtful that this guitar is so good, but i'm interested in buying. the made in indonesia is kinda fishy. is the bridge comfortable?
    Rukasu Rindu
    I have one of these, got it 07/12/2007, still in perfect shape. Only had one minor problem and that's the input jack loosening(I can't spell this word, lol) thing, but just thighten it up and it's all good. Umm.. And as many have said, only thing missing is a trem. >.< /7/rR