RG7321 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG7321

Purchased from: eBay

I play a mix of several styles ranging from brutal chrushing metal, to softer jazz, and blues and this guitar is perfect for each. I play through a DigiTech RP250, into a Line 6 Spider III 15, and the guitar just wails even without a trem. The pickups are quiet and have a good amount of gain and bass response (I had to go through and back off the bass a bit on my few main presets on my RP250), with the 5-way I can get sounds ranging from lwo-end chugged riffs on the low B, all the way to smooth melodic clean passages with only a little mud from the stock pups (I'm going to replace them soon with Dimarzios), all in all if you're looking for an amazing starter seven this is the way to go, or if you can't afford this version the black one is awesome as well.

I play Progressive Metal so this beauty is perfect! I've been playing for 7 years this June, and I own two other Ibanez guitars, both six strings. If this guitar were to suffer some horrible accident (ie. being stolen, dropped off of a stage, set on fire, implosion), I would definitely save up enough cash to purchase this guitar again. It would be a heck of a lot easier for me if it came with an Edge Pro 7 or a Lo-Pro 7 with DiMarzio D Sonic 7 and Air Norton 7 pickup set. I can wait to get the trem retro-fitted though with locking tuners. If you can afford this (Ibanez's list price is $666.65) I say get it if not go with the black version, it's the same thing. If you look for this one look on eBay first, you're bound to get a good deal some way or another.

I only got this guitar a few days ago so I'm not too sure how well it'll handle Live playing, but knowing Ibanez it will be able to handle a huge amount of abuse. I would definitely use this one without a back up (I have to though, it's my only seven.)

The action is amazing, it's not too low and not too high, it's just where I like it. The pups are unadjustable so that's kind of an epic fail but I can deal with it. The finish is absolutely amazing, there is not even one scratch from the original owner (I purchased this guitar off of eBay and the guy only played it a couple of times so there isn't even any fretwear), the nut is perfect and feels amazing, the neck is straight and it was extremely easy to adjust to (it took me probably five minutes).

This is the new 2009 version of the RG7321, but with a new finish "Blackberry Sunburst" and I must say it is gorgeous, especially with the Flamed Maple top. It's 24 frets, seven strings, MII most likely, HH setup, 5-way Switch, the neck humbucker is parallel connected, 1 vol, 1 tone, stock Ibanez AH-7 pups (decent sound but they're nothing compared to Dimarzios or EMGs), Standard non-locking tuners, fixed bridge, "Cosmo" hardware, Basswood body, 5 pc. Maple/walnut neck (which is thin, flat, fast, and wide perfect for shred). I bought mine off eBay so I got an extremely nice Tour Grade gig bag.