RG7321 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG7321

Its sound is very good in my opinion, I play metal-metal core-anything, some examples would be Trivium, Unearth, some Korn, and a bit of Scar Symmetry. I only use distortion, and I keep my Low Medium and High to the highest. The guitars pickups honestly aren't the best, for tapping and hammer ons and pull offs, but they do handle buzzing distortion quite well. The guitar has a high depth of sound on both distortion and clean, and that's why its my favorite guitar for the time being.

I play Metal/Metalcore, and this guitar couldn't be better for it. I have been playing for nearly a year, and I own a Dean Vendetta Vnxm, an Ibanez EX160, a Boss Ds1 Distortion Pedal, And a Crate Flex wave 15 Watt amp. If this guitar was stolen, I would buy it again... And again.. And again. I love the playability of this guitar, I hate the pickups, but the seventh string is a charm. I wish this guitar had a set of EMGs in it.

This Guitar will definitely survive live playing, as long as you pick up better pickups for it, because the pickups just aren't the best. The strap buttons on the guitar were so solid, and big, that I haven't taken off the strap for the entire time I've had this guitar. I know for a fact that I can depend on this guitar to gig without a backup, and the finish is very professionally put on.

The Guitar's action was low, and its very easy to maneuver, because it has a thin neck. The pickups were at the same level as each other when I got them, but I decided to lower the front pickup. The only physical problem with this guitar is the fact that there was a chip at the bottom and it took off 200 dollars from the price, so I think its the best mistake there could have been.

This guitar comes with 24 jumbo frets, and a bound rosewood fretboard. The body has a Stratocaster shape and is made of basswood, and has a metallic/shiny black finish. It has a string through fixed bridge. There is a volume control, a tone control, and a 5 way pickup selector. It has two hum-bucking pickups, the models are IBZ INF3 humbucker neck pickup, and IBZ INF4 humbucker bridge pickup.

Esparcia
    Heyy I've got a RG 2620 now. Love it's sound, but I wanna write for my band on a 7 string. Now I'm kinda afraid that my sounds will be pretty bad compared with the 2620. Anyone has any experience with both those guitars? And should I be worried? Cheers!
    jack_case
    Joeseye wrote: What is the neck fitting on this guitar? Bolt-on / Set-neck or Neck-through???
    Bolt On. I am getting one of these at the end of he year!
    jack_case
    Can anyone offer me some advice on what pickup I should replace the bridge pickup with? I like to play a lot of metal so it needs to not get muddy on the low notes.
    MUSICFIEND21
    to jack_case if u can afford it, get seymour duncan blackouts..they have a very tight low end and lots of mid range bark..and highs r pretty good 2..emg 707s r pretty good bt not as versitle,and it sounds 2much like an active pickup..bt then again thts da point of an active pickup..i also hear(bt i hav nevr used it)is da 7string version of the invader pickup by seymour duncan..hope tht helps
    jack_case
    to MUSICFIEND21 Thanks man, I will check them out. Do you know anything about the Dimarzio X2N 7's? Apparantly they are good.
    MUSICFIEND21
    to jack_case no problem, i dnt no about the 7string version of da X2N,but i no the 6 string version is really good with a lot of distortion(very thrashy type,but wit alot of lows),but the clean sound is pretty bad...if u hav nevr played a X2N listen 2 the band DEATH..evil chuck(r.i.p)used 1 alot..
    jack_case
    to MUSICFIEND21] Ok cool. Could you suggest a pickup i could put in the neck to get a nice clean tone and a nice solo tone? Something that will contrast well with the X2N 7.
    MUSICFIEND21
    TO jack_case well no pickup in peticular is gonna give u a nice clean tone,i mean the best 1 wud b(imo) a seymour duncan invader neck pickup.but what i wud do is get a more versitile bridge pickup,and not get da X2N.now if ur looking 4 a neck pickup 4 distorted solos,active pickups(blackouts) will b ur best bet.
    MUSICFIEND21
    now my setup 4 my 7string(not tht u care,bt just so u no) is a jacksonCOW wit an emg707(no neck pup)thru a spider 3 2x12(ya i no its line6 but its a rly versitile amp)the emg is rly nice 4 distorted tones,but if u adjust ur amp right u can get sum decent clean stuff.
    dementiacaptain
    a good rythm guitar, but i have a hard time transitioning from a standard six string neck to the 7. it feels awkward and soloing is near impossible for me. just a thought to anyone thinking of making the switch, make sure you are comfortable pulling out all your tricks on it first