RG7321 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG7321

Purchased from: Dakota Pawnbrokers

The sound is interesting to say the least. Right now I have it in my dorm room with a small amp and three pedals; a Boss GE-7, a Boss MD-2, and an Ibanez CF-7. I've been using it to play metal songs and my own improvisations. It has a tad more sustain on the 24th fret compared to my other seven string, a Washburn WG-587. The neck pickup has quite a bit of bass, more than my liking for leads, but I adjust that using my Boss GE-7. The bridge pickup that was put in has a nice sound, a bit more output than the Washburn but there is a bit more bass. Once again the EQ comes into play.

All in all it's a pretty good guitar, but I'm sure some will say better is out there. If it were stolen I'd either look into another one, or buying an Agile Interceptor as from what I've been hearing it is just as affordable and just as good, if not better. I like it because it suits what I do, which most of the time is improvised metal, however I would like to have known just how much more tonal difference the DiMarzio PAF7 adds.

I'm not a gigging musician yet, but I feel as though it can withstand live playing (in fact I have yet to test it on my other amps). I can depend on it, but if I can't then I have my Washburn as a backup. The finish has some scratches in it, but I'm sure that is just from regular use. In fact from a distance it still looks new.

When I bought it, the input jack's nut was a bit loose, but a wrench fixed that quickly. The action was suitable for my needs, but the guitar was dirty as hell. But once again, that was also a quick fix. The pickups were set rather high, but that isn't a prime concern to me, in fact it gives a bit more tonal difference. The strap holders (or whatever you call them) are loose, but I'll probably change them out and get some strap locks.

It is a seven string guitar made by Ibanez, has a fixed bridge.The hardware and finish is black. Has two passive humbuckers, one volume knob, one tone knob, and a 5 way selector switch. 24 frets on a rosewood fret board. The body is basswood, like my Washburn 7 string and the neck is a 2-3 piece maple neck. When I bought it my guitar had two different pickups in it. The neck pickup is stock, while the bridge pickup is a DiMarzio PAF7 (I'm guessing the person who had it before me put it in there).

sammo_boi
    TheAbsentOne wrote: The featured review is so short, the one by "a super saiyen". How does that even constitute a review?
    Yeah and anyone that says playing a guitar through an MG is "heaven on earth" should not be allowed to post reviews
    TheAbsentOne
    Andrew2k
    I might get this , then I can eventually give Chris Broderick's Betcha Cant Play This a shot!
    theflyingapple
    themelodicdeathshow
    theflyingapple wrote: this has been reviewed like a billion times since 2004, wats the obsession with this guitar? is it that good?
    No its not that good its a beginners 7 string most people that buy it have never played any other 7s so they have no idea lol. I know it was my first 7 a few years ago. Its good for the price i paid $299.00 brand new but needs an instant pup upgrade and nut upgrade. A much nicer 7 string is the rga 7 or a prestige.
    SilverSpurs616
    BlackDeath92 wrote: Does anyone know of any decent 7 strings that aren't that damn ugly strat shape?
    Ibanez Xiphos?
    YJGB
    Agile, the are sort of strat shapes, but better. You can also try the 7 string ESP LTD Viper. Or just a nice BC Rich Jr.V 7-string, but I heard they are shit.