RG7321 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG7321

Price paid: C$ 500

Purchased from: Long N McQuade

This guitar can sound both beautiful and thrash so hard your ears will bleed! That being said this was after swapping the stock bridge pickups with evolution 7's. Even the stock pickups were excellent and I almso did not swap them out. It has a great range of tone but mostly falls into the jazz/metal category. The low b sound crystal clear and with the evo 7's comes out even better and less muddy.

Great guitar, especially for the price. Adding in a new bridge pickup was the tonal facelift this guitar needed to Shine as bright as any $1000 axe. It is very reliable and a joy to play for both those swinging clean jazz lines or melt-your face shredding. Well done Ibanez.

This guitar is a beast. It has been through quite a lot and never faultered. The neck, even though it is very thin, did not warp and maintained its shape even in the cold Canadian winters. I do not have another backup for this 7-string simply because there isnt another I would rather use, this one is the best I've had the joy of playing.

The action out of the box was very low. For me I play very hard on the strings so I had to raise it just a little but if you have a delicate touch the action will probably be perfect. The pickups and bridge were all what I would expect, nothing more, and the finish was very plain... Wish there were more options than the solid black finish.

Made in 2009 from Indonesia. It has the following stock specs: - Wizard II-7 neck - 5pc. maple/walnut neck material - Basswood body - 24 jumbo frets - Bound rosewood finger board - Fixed 7 bridge - IBZ AH1-7 (H) neck PU - IBZ AH2-7 (H) bridge PU - Pearl dot inlay - Hardware color: black As per the features they seemed to be just your average parts, nothing really too special.

Fisheth24
    Hoping to get one of these sometime soon (when it gets delivered) Can't wait to play it now.
    mr_rainmaker777
    Lots of different Opinions here,what most don`t realise is that NOT ALL years rg7321`s are the same,there are very small differences,I have 2 and have played quite a few different years. my 09 is 2 lbs heavier than my 2011 model,and has a tiny bit bigger longer headstock,while my 2011 has a nicer finished neck feels a couple mm wider,the stock pickups in the 09 are utter crap,while the ones in my 2011 are passiable with a good modeler,playing these 2 back to back there is a very Noticable differences...