RG7620 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG7620

Purchased from: ebay

I play Fear Factory/Mushroomhead style music so as you can tell this is perfect infact Bronson from Mushroomhead uses this guitar onstage, the rig I currently run it threw is just a Ashton 100watt head with a 200watt cab into a Jim Dunlop Crybaby and a Boss CH-1 Chourus (I'm a simple rig person). This guitar has probably the most best sound and tone I could ever get out of a guitar on the bridge position. It's bassy without gettin muddy and the harder you hit the strings the fatter the sound and tone gets on the neck pu it has great clear acoustic style sound (on clean of course). Really crisp so this guitar can do any sound your looking for garuntee.

All I can say is this guitar is perfect! For nothing and everything well worth the high price that comes with it but then again it's a Ibanez 7 string, the best 7 string makers in the world so you know you're gettin nothing but the best from a guitar. It's actually been compared to the UV7 and has come out ontop (via jemsite.com).

I gig without a back up this thing cant get ne more reliable the body and necks well balanced for standing playing and the hardware is really solid and tight I don't feel nething coming loose.

The action is set low perfect to what I want so no fiddling around with that required unlike most guitars so goes with the pickups I only adjusted the front one because I hit it to much when I play fear Factory Songs (hint why Dino and Christian don't bother with neck pickups). The body's beautiful nice and straight. And awesome finish, mine's a gold puter so it likes awsome when light hits it. As for flaws, there's not one single thing I can complain about this guitar all the time I've had it I've never had to touch the tuning the locking nuts and floyd rose lo pro bridge work beautifully.

- Mine is an 1999 model made in Japan - Wizard-7 neck type - Basswood body - Jumbo 24 fret - Floyd rose lo pro edge 7 bridge - Dimarzio Blaze II neck pu - n/a mid pu - Dimarzio Blaze II bridge pu.

Shinozoku
    slayer99567 wrote: it is boring ace frehleys les paul is better.
    O.O I had no idea that Ace Frehley's Les Paul came in a 7-string version!
    h2oman1972
    I just picked one up today! Previous owner refinished it as a natural (looks kinda like a bubinga or poplar), with original Ibanez hard case for under 3 Benjamins. Original DiMarzio 7s in it, and plays so fast and smooth with great clarity. Definite recommend to those who are just getting into 7 string playing or want a stellar guitar at a great price.
    Apple_Horn
    I own one too, I just love it.....it sounds and plays awesome ! Its my first Ibanez and I would love to have one more of this model !
    bsting60
    My RG7620 has the lowest action , the straightest neck after all these years and only have had to change the bridge pickup to a blaze custom . It is the shred guitar from hell !
    Wingate
    I have one and I love it. I was thinking about getting the fretboard scalloped from the 12th fret up too, any reasons I shouldn't?
    jymellis
    i just got one! i was going to get it because it was a steal of craigslist but after reading this review and a few others i went ahead and got it. WOW. one AWESOME guitar! thanks for the great review! jym
    univave
    HA! I just bought a vampire's kiss on for $150 !!!! What a steal! Took me a while to set it up right (I think he had it setup as drop-W), but now it's amazing!