RG770DX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG770DX

Purchased from: dave's guitar shop

I play all sorts of metal, but I also shread it up clean on occasion, and whatever I play, it sounds great. I can go from Chuck Schuldiner to Chuck Mangione with this guitar. I have an Ibanez tbx 150 head and matching cab. I also have a DigiTech rp14. it sounds grand thru both. I use the rp for headphones late at night and also recording onto my computer. The pick ups are great as they are very quite when not playing. it has a very wide spectrum of sounds you can attain and what not. Every note is crisp and clear. this guitar sings. Pinch harmonics are incredibly easy and they sound great too. Also, the edge tremolo is different the the newer edge pro II's and stuff and you can let the whammy go really fast and it makes that incredible Steve Vai vibrato sound he does a lot.

This guitar perfectly matches my playing style. It also looks great. I've been playing for 6 years now and it is my second Ibanez, and it wont be my last. I am definitely an Ibanez fan boy for life. If it were stolen/lost/broken/whatever I would scour the earth get another one, but there are very few made, only 250 blue and 250 red in America. idk the total number of them, but yeah, I love it. I got used to my least favorite feature after the first night of playing which was the neck plate where it is attached, it was a little blocky at first, but I've completely gotten used to it. It ranks right up there with the rest of the Ibanez prestige series and the jems. after tax this thing was 1370 which is 1000 less than a jem, and I would say that this is as good or better, depending on what you like in a guitar.

I've only had it for a couple of weeks, but from what I've read and heard about the original rg770's they last forever. This guitar is def going to be my main live/studio guitar. I have no worries about anything going wrong with the guitar itself but strings do tend to break at the most inopportune times, so I am going to keep my rg350. the strap buttons on this are huge, I have a hard time getting the strap off when I'm trying to get it off. No worries about them.

Everything is great. It was set up at dave's guitar shop, and they are really good at making sure things are set up right. The finish is flawless. The wood on the neck and fret board is excellent. The neck is redonkulously smooth and fast. The action is really low with minimal fret buzz. Everything on this guitar is as close to perfect as I've ever seen, I love it.

It was made in '08 in Japan. It has 24 jumbo frets on a bound maple fret board. The neck is the original wizard neck and is very thin, it makes my RG350DX feel like a log. It has a basswood body and a maple/walnut 5 piece neck. The finish is ridiculously sexual. The body, inlays, pick ups, knobs and head are all blue. The original edge bridge dominates all. The body is a little bit thick I think, but it is very solid. It has 3 passive pick ups, they are DiMarzio made for Ibanez pickups. The F4 and F2 humbuckers a quite rare, and sound great. it has gotoh tuners, and a double locking trem system. It has a 5 way pu selector and a volume and one tone knob. It came with a snazzy hard shell case, tools, an instruction manual, and the history of Ibanez guitars book.

SPBY
    The one in red looks cooler, but its still a great guitar... and Ibanez pickups are always, uh, not as good as other guitar's pickups which cost less. When you buy an ibanez you're paying for the playability not the hardware.
    Blas3
    sorry for telling this, but that guitar's look sucks deeply
    guitar_mad_ali
    exactly WHAT are you paying 1000 for with this guitar? I dont understand theres no features that warrent such a price.