RG870BK review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG870BK

Purchased from: Sam Ash

It does suit my style (Punk). I am using a Fender Frontman. I also am using the Wylde Phase. Its not noisy. I always go on Drive it has a rich sound. I love the sound soooo much. It can make pretty much anything you want. I prefer it for metal, punk, and blues.

I play punk and metal. Yes the guitar is a good match. I've been playing for about 6 years and I own three guitars. A Ibanez RG920QM and a Epiphone Les Paul Zakk Wylde Model and a PRS JCM800. I wanted to know if it would be good for the type of music I play. I would definitley buy it again if it was stolen. I mean the guitar is freakin amazing. I love the Tremolo and the pickups. I am not really liking the frets. I prefer the sabortooth frets. My favorite feature is the tremolo. No I do not compare it to other products. Nope it already has it all.

Yes I played it in front of my school. Heck yeah the hardware will last. Strap buttons are solid. I really depend on it. I would use it on a gig without a backup. Well the finish is enough to last. It is not easy to wear off with lots of playing. It is definitley a good guitar.

The action is perfect. Unlike my other guitars the string height is perfect. The Pickups are on good. They are not wobbly or anything. The Bridge is in good. Its a good one. The guitar really doesnt't have any flaws. I recently got it so I can't answer that. I will soon.

Well this guitar is amazing. The all new Ibanez RG Premium Series. The Design is eye catching. Comes with High-end DiMarzio and CAP-VM pickups. Specially rounded Premium fret edges for smooth play and comfortable neck grip. Wizard Premium neck has same construction and thickness as Prestige Wizard. Ultimate tuning stability with Edge-Zero II bridge/tremolo w/ZPS 3. Only two models made so far. The RG920QM and the RG870BK. This 24 fret solid guitar has a quilted maple top. It has Jumbo Frets. This guitar meets anyones standards. Its amazing you have to get it.

Cannibal Koala
    +1 Saw one at a small show in 2006, and I've been looking for one ever since. The tone was amazing and the guitarist's Fender Les Paul Custom was astonishingly beautiful. /
    anonymous225
    this guitar sounds sick and all you faglors don't know what you're talking about. boosted928 should get his balls cut off and i hope he does slam his head on a stud and ****ing die. and when the **** did he say "it can make anything you want" in the first review, or "the bridge is in good"? don't critisize the first review for shit that was said in the second review you ****ing queef.
    GregWasHere
    First of all, not the worst reviews I have ever read. I think that's a bit harsh. I wish people would spell check though. That's a pet peeve of mine. Let's see if I can write the worst review ever. I own the 870QMZ Premium and it is a fantastic guitar. I picked up one with the Red Desert finish. It looks like a slab of raw meat. I get hungry just looking at it. This is a great guitar especially if it's the only one you intend to own. You can get metal, rock, funk, blues & jazz out of it. Personally I will probably change the pickups in a few months to reduce the versatility. Why? Because I own a Mexican Strat and so don't need "Strat tones" from this RG. I'm thinking of making it a HHH guitar using a single coil sized bucker in the middle. Which I will probably never use. I'm in Australia, we only have the option of buying the HSH version of the Premiums here. I would have preferred the HH version just quietly. I'll give this a guitar a 10 as well for two reasons. One, there is nothing really wrong with this guitar at all, I'm only modifying it for personal taste reasons, that's no reflection on the quality of this guitar. The second reason for the 10 is that I like annoying the review Nazis and the haters. If you buy this guitar you won't be disappointed.
    Pat_s1t
    LeakyFlask wrote: Pat_s1t wrote: Also I just noticed that the poster doesn't state his sentences. He's just answering the review questions as if we all know what they are. "I recently got it so I can't answer that. I will soon." "Nope it already has it all." I doubt this reviewer is even serious, probably doesn't even own this guitar. Ah, so that's why it sounds so fragmented! Anyway, I understand you all being tired of the all tens business, but come on, this isn't the worst review we've seen here like some guy said, not by a long shot.
    Worst review I've ever seen personally.
    MaggaraMarine
    + 1
    CKtheTruth
    If anyone wants to ****ing find out anything about this guitar, why don't they just look it up on major retailer websites? Or ever better, Ibanez.com Freaking troll fraktards
    TerzaMD
    It's a great guitar for the money, but this guy is a little bit bias about it.
    Im_Broken
    I've been waiting for a review on a Premium... too bad it was this one...
    priestfan76
    Man we have some serious elitists in this thread eh? Would everyone just chill with the frontman thing, I'm still too poor to afford a good amp and I've been playing for 6 years, and seeing as how there is only one category on sound, the rest having nothing to do at all with what amp it's going through, I think it's a little harsh to go as far as to say that you don't deserve to own a nice guitar if you don't have a good amp. Anyway, the review was a bit on the poor side, but from what I can gather it's essentially a regular RG with some DiMarzio's instead of stock Ibanez pickups. Probably not worth the extra 600 bucks for pickups and a pretty finish.
    musiice
    the pickups probably will suck. nice design btw, the rest seems just like another ibanez
    ItWillDo
    Holywars29
    I thought the JCM 800 was an amp? by Marshall. I can't find any PRS named the jcm 800...
    Guitarmattms11
    Hey, Folks I've been hearing some good reviews about these guitars. Go to Jemsite.com and youtube. You'll find a lot better reviews. Here's just some quick specks. Neck - Premium = Made to the same specs as a Prestige. Wizard profile, Rosewood fretboard with offset inlay. Body - Flamed Maple Top with Basswood body. Pickups - IBZ/Dimarzio pickups HH on American market guitars. European/Asia Market has HSH. Trem: Edge Zero II. I played a different guitar with this trem and it seemed stable. It reminds me of the same quality as the Edge III. Hopefully soon I'll actually get to play one of these and will write a review soon. These are supposed to be on the same bar as the prestige line but with a smaller pricetag. Think of the old 550's and Jem type situation.
    hunter187
    i have an old school ibanez RG. i think i just jizzed from this new Ibanez
    LeakyFlask
    Total Collapse
    GibsonMan321
    Playing for 6 years? Are you 6 years old? How the hell does this shit get published on UG? It has to be approved doesn't it? Also, has it ever occurred to you to get a decent amp for those $900 guitars you have there? Goddamn.
    GregWasHere
    I'll give this a guitar a 10 as well
    Dick! Didn't proof read well enough. Of course I meant to say "I'll give this guitar a 10 as well". Moron! The other thing I would like to mention is that this guitar is built like a tank. I accidentally thumped the headstock into my bookcase the other day and dented the bookcase. The Premium is fine. I'm also loving the neck. Much nicer to play than my Fender's neck IMO.
    Slipknot101.0
    blackbird51 wrote: Slipknot101.0 wrote: megadethfan 666 wrote: um dude claims he is a metal fan but he cant even spell it (he put mteal) hey *****, it's called a ****ing typo. spelled it right the other four times faggot. who gives the a **** about the spelling when it's a rview for a sick guitar. That's real mature of you to resort to cussing in trying to defend your lack of education. No one will take your review seriously if you misspell every other word, seriously you must be 12..
    if you were not retarded you would see the only 3 TYPO's in the review and if you have never made any TYPO's when you type then you're a ****ing lier. it's hard to take your comment seriously when you don't even know what you're talking about, seriously you must be retarded.
    blackbird51
    guitarist@net
    no offense to the reviewers, but rating them at 10 really doesn't help potential buyers. We need a reasonable review- as in you, the reviewer, must be critical and relatively unbiased in the review. Feel free to embellish the review with a few personal opinions, but please, less of the 'all 10' rubbish.
    Slipknot101.0
    I was worried about posting straight 10s as I know that's always a sign of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about. Then I thought, anything less would be a lie because I really don't have any issues with any aspect of this instrument!
    boosted928
    The sound, action, fit and finish, and reliability and durability sections of the first review make me want to find a stud in my wall and slam my head into it. I doubt this guitar could get all 10's. "It can make anything you want". - A good guitar player should be able to do that with any guitar. It's not the instrument (in most cases). "The pickups are on good.""The bridge is in good." - Just because things are how they should be when you first get it doesn't make it worth a 10. The second review wasn't as bad. But really. Not worth all 10's.
    alex_crawford
    MaggaraMarine wrote: slipknot_420 wrote: On another note I prefer the prs jcm2000 model over the prs jcm800 lol... JLowU571 wrote: Cannibal Koala wrote: Chad11491 wrote: I really want a PRS JCM 800. Would really like to know where you found one of those elusive beasts. +1 Saw one at a small show in 2006, and I've been looking for one ever since. The tone was amazing and the guitarist's Fender Les Paul Custom was astonishingly beautiful. Have you seen the new Jackson American Vintage AC30? That thing blew my mind! + 1
    THIS
    afrika18
    Thinking of getting the Black Ice finish one. I love Ibanez necks, great for shredding (trying to shred, in my case). Torn between Ibanez, Jackson and ESP.
    OtherGuy
    Oh look its another RG review with a perfect score yay... :/ seriously how can you say its a flawless guitar? any guitar could be improved in some way!
    gman128
    MaggaraMarine wrote: Well do you want to see the worst review in UG?? Look at the first review of Ibanez RG370DX.
    Just read it, and it made me laugh so hard - a guitar so sexy that it'll make women wet.... REALLY?
    SilverSpurs616
    ItWillDo wrote: Guys, if it's good enough for Marc Okubo, it's definitely good enough for anyone of you.
    ..who?
    DimebagZappa
    'Its so metal it'll peel those panties right off' I remember that review. I reviewed the 370dx as well, hope mine wasnt as bad.
    blackbird51
    Total Collapse wrote: I dont know what most people are talking about with the fender frontman amp, i have one and i think it gets good tone. On the other hand, i bought the lower end rg with no tremolo, and i think that is really the only difference
    The tone out of a frontman is nothing short of horrible, play other amps besides your own and you will find that out. also this RG is in now way the same as lower priced RGs...read the specs
    shredftw
    i am going to hunt the person who wrote this review down and remove them from reality terrible, absolutely terrible. learn some decent grammar too
    thejester
    since this obviously was not answered in the review, on the pictures it shows one with just two humbuckers and then also one with the single coil in between. anyone have an idea of this model is. or reviewer would you like to inform us about your guitar. obviously i know regardless of what version you have the features are a 10
    Chad11491