RG870Z review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RG870Z

Price paid: C$ 690

Purchased from: Guitarworks

This guitar is perfect for my playing style. I mostly play metal and this guitar has a great metal sound for ground breaking riffs and gut-busting solos. I use it with a Crate amp and Behringer "Super Metal" pedal. Even when you Switch to a clean sound, it has outsanding results. The Bridge pickups give a great full mteal sound and the neck pickups help clean up unwanted sounds from individual strings you don't wanna hear when doing your lead. It gives great sound for all your harmonics.

This guitar is perfect for my aggressive metal playing, and can be played for ANY kind of music as well. I have had this for quit a while now and it completely outdoes every other guitar I've played. If I lost this guitar, though I have other guitars I want, this guitar I would definitely buy again and again. The best feature for me is the locking top bar pressure pads so I don't have to tune over and over again before I play because the tuning stays perfect after playing over and over for weeks. After playing a bunch of different guitars and looking for over a year, a fell in love with this guitar. The ONLY thing I wish was different about this guitar, I would not want the middle pickup. Otherwise, go ahead and buy this guitar NOW!

This guitar is desinged for aggressive playing and is the ultimate workhouse guitar for todays hardworking musician. The hardware has has lastd pretty well since I got it and doesnt't seem like its going to give up any time soon. The strap buttons are solid and will hold for a very, very long time. This guitar is extremely dependable and I would completly rely on it to hold out through thick and thin. The finish is on pretty good and hasn't worn out at all since I started playing it.

This guitar comes factory tuned at Eb Standard and you can plug it into your favorite amp and pedals and its ready to rip and roar, no adjustments needed. The pickups don't need any adjustment if your going to be playing any of your favorite songs, but can be easily adjusted with your Premium tool, which comes included in the case. When first picking up this guitar, I found zero flaws with its playability or electronics. This guitar definitly had a shitload of care and attntion when being made.

The RG870z is out of the new premium line from 2011. The RG Premium guitars are made in the premium facility in Indonesia. It has 24 jumbo frets on a 25.5" scale. The body is made from American Basswood and the neck is a 5 piece Wizard Maple/Walnut with KTS TITANIUM reinforcment. It has a slick black finish. The RG870z has the newly designed Edge-Zero II tremolo and CAP-VM pickups. It has volume and tone knobs and a 5-way pickup selector. It also has pressure pads at the top of the neck for perfect tuning stability. All RG premiums come with a Ibanez Premium hardcase.