RGA121 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RGA121

Purchased from: LA Music

This guitar is awesome sounding, I play all kinds of metal (Dream Theater, Rhapsody, Maiden). As I said, the sustain is great. My only complaint is the IBZ 7 stock bridge pick up, really muddy sound with no definition, but it can be easily replaced (once I get the money). The neck IBZ 8 pickup is great, awesome for shredding.

I play metal, and this is the perfect match for me, Ibanez knows their metal. I've been playing for around 4 years, and own a BC Rich Warlock and Squier Strat (crap) and this guitar blows them both out of the water. In the event that this was stolen, I would replace it. Its such a solid/good sounding guitar, and plays so well.

This feels like a very solid guitar overall. The hardware seems like it'll last a long long time. I'd definetley use this guitar for a gig without a backup, it seems very well made. The finish looks to be very durable, though I worry about the wood getting stained after repeated use.

I can't really tell you how it was set up from the factory, the shop I bought it from set it up for me, and did a great job. Everything on this guitar was perfect. The finish is very nice, its like a solid hunk of wood.

This guitar is pretty basic when it comes to features. It's got a massive fixed bridge, 1 volume/1 tone control. The body is made of maple/mahogany, which provides some nice sustain. It's got the typical Ibanez 3 pc Wizard neck and thats about it. It's a solid guitar, but could have a few more features.

Wooden_Pints
    I own one of those. Actually it's the exact same oas the picture. I have to say it's one of the best guitars i've ever played.
    Ollie_Geet
    This guitar just takes the biscuit I played on it in a guitar shop in liverpool, england and i was just amazed! i will be definately getting this guitar this is perfect for metal!!! the wizard neck does just kick ass!!! its so easy to get them long "killswtich" stretches in.
    Arkane
    I own this guitar, and i can officially say that i have no need to own any other guitar after playing this thing for a couple years. This guitar is perfect for metal..wizard necks are king.
    SolaceMarine
    Deadeye_X7 is right those INF 4 pick ups are great they give you a great clean tone when you need it too i recently saw a used guitar with those in it, i hated the body and the neck of the guitar but i bought it just for those pick ups
    wesania
    check it out a guitar center... tell them you found it for about 680.. thats how much i got mine for with the case
    rockon200
    o yes cant wait to get my hands on one of these beasts! just orderd one , come on witht the shredding! please someone give me some feedback on the pickups though because i hav heard quite alot of critisism about them, and if i should look to upgrade them? and by the way if anyone wants to buy one the cheapest deal that i found was on imuso.co.uk, 530 inculding prestige hard case
    AtrumArx
    I played this guitar last night. It was amazing. I'd have no problem purchasing it if I had the money.
    naked snake
    i think the guitar is great ive got a roadstar 2 series ibanez and it is a rock great for all types of music especially blues and rock. im not totally into the wood body as it makes the guitar look a tad cheap and basic but id put my money on that it is better than my roadstar 2 anyday
    Dizzy772
    I have a 7-string Washburn WG-587V with the sametone/vol knobs and the switch, it also has the two upper and lower pickups, but mine has a fifth one in the middle too
    #1 nirvana fan
    i have an ibanez S470DXQM and have had a few problems, but probably very unlikely ones at that. this review was quite helpful, and i think that its a beautiful guitar. i dont see why they didnt put a floyd style trem for that much money, but other thatn that sounds like a great guitar.
    orangeacid
    Are gilbratars the ones that mimic the feel of Edge bridges? I've heard good things about them... They feel quite nice, or so I hear.
    Deadeye_X7
    I have an RG 370DX myself. Not quite the same, but mine's got a floyd rose. Comes with Ibanez infinity 4 pickups *drools* it's got hella good tone although they're not emg's... And it's black
    Padenbang
    Ibanez guitars rock. This guitar looks pretty simplistic but with those pickups and ibanez's power it probably has pretty awesome sound! Rock On!!!!!
    Robert_Terry
    fullmetaltrash wrote: what bridge is that?
    if you read the 1st couple of words on the page "Gibraltar Plus bridge"