RGA121 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RGA121

Price paid: A$ 1800

Purchased from: Online store

I generally play lead on this guitar and it works well with heavy riffs and solos. But I tried using it in a Jazz band and the tonality was a bit of a let down coming out with a muddy and unrich sound on the V7 pickup. The V8 on the otherhand was too sharp and bright. This guitar works best and is made for metal thrashing songs, where it sounds brilliant! So unless you play more of the heavy genre's don't go for this gat. I use this Gat most days with a mean Fender amp, but I tried it with this beastly Line 6 the other day. Whoa. Hard core sounds brother. Watch out.

This guitar is pretty Stellar for it's price, nice and simple. But definitely effective. I played quite a mixed variety of music and this gat seems to fit mostly heavy stuff best, fortunately that's what I love the most. I've been playing for about 6 years, dabbling between lead, rhythm, classical and jazz. Love all the styles, but I get the most excited about playing lead and rhythm cos I get to use this gat. I would definitely replace this gat in the blink of an eye if it were to disappear. I love the look and the ease of playing it. Only thing I mildy dislike is the pickups but that can be sorted easily if I can be bothered. I looked at Gibson SGs, ESPs, LTDs, teles, strats and jacksons before I picked this one. Definitely worth it.

I definitely use this guitar for Live playing, No Doubt that this is always my first choice. I take risks so I don't bother with back ups anymore. My other gat I installed strap locks so I was sweet when I did a guitar swing, but I've found in this guitar that the strap buttons are well screwed on I wouldn't dare chuck them in. They're a nice size so I've actually never found a reason to install strap locks. The finish is mint, and hasn't worn off after my usage of 12 months.

The RGA121 was pretty well set-up coming straight from the factory to my hot little hands. Everything was just perfect! As it's a wood finish, the natural wood lines were a bit of a gamble. But every one of these guitars look great. I choose the Violin Flat and maate it looks good! The guys at the Japan factory know how to make these guitars well, so it was just spot on when it arrived. 12 months on and pretty much everything is still pretty tight. The neck is by far it's best feature, I've never played on a better neck! it's absolutely quality.

This is a beautiful Japanese made guitar, with the fantastic Ibanez wizard prestige neck. It's a pretty simple package with one tone and volume knob, but that's all you really need for this guitar! The body is awesome, just a big bit of solid wood -like how all guitars should be! For the fret hungry it has 24 Jumbo frets with inlayed Pearl dots. The bridge is also a simple but effective Gibraltor Plus bridge, removing all the complications of a Floyd Rose. Tuners are Gotoh and pretty good, can't complain. Comes with a custom made, great fitting J-Team case.

primitive
    the RGA121 is like the exact guitar of matt bachand of shadows fall. but in diff. pick-ups, he use EMG's and the massive gibraltar bridge is great for low downs. he also had this guiatr with EMG's on it.