RGA121 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RGA121

Purchased from: Drumcityguitarland.com

I play a lot of metal and hard rock stuff and it's perfect for it. I run mine through a marshal stack and mess around with a Line 6 spider 3 when warming up or goofing off. the sound is amazing and the stock pups are not to bad. I think they sound really good clean. thinking about replacing them with some duncan blackouts though.

This was the first Ibanez that I bought which actually met my standards. I have been playing for about 8 or 9 years, and had many different guitars from Ibanez. The craftsmanship is amazing. I love the way you can fly up and down the neck. It's truly a work of art. If it were stolen I would replace it with the violin flat finish and just try to be careful not to ding it. Like pups are pretty much that jack of all music styles in my opinion. they can do a little of everything but being that I play most metal I will be replacing them soon. I was thinking about getting this or the RGA321 and just could spend that extra dough for more less the same guitar. This guitar is amazing and a joy to play.

This guitar is a beast and very well put together. I was interested in the Prestige because I heard there quality is amazing and for the money this is the sturdiest and highest quality Ibanez I have played. The hardware is extremely solid and straps perfect as well. This guitar took me the longest to break in but after that it's amazing. The action is very very low and I have 12-56's on this baby. Everything is extrememly well put together and you get a free case with it. The case is hands down the best I have ever seen and I never order a guitar without getting a hardshell case for it. If your looking for a simple yet amazing playing shred machine then this is a really nice buy. You will not be dissappointed.

Not sure about how it came from the factory. the place I ordered it from set it up to my specs to it was spot on. I like this fixed bridge more than any other I have played. the intonation never goes out. I went from Standard tuning to C tuning with a dropped C to A and the intonation is still spot on. Pickups were adjusted perfect and the finish is amazing. I love the violin flat but heard that it scratches easily so I got the cranberry sparkle one. It's really nice and tough to scratch. there were no flaws what so ever.

This guitar is pretty basic. It's got a gilbraltar fixed bridge, 1 volume/1 tone control. The body is made of maple/mahogany, which provides some nice sustain. the neck is super thin and damn near impossible to get sticky. even when your sweating your fingers never stick to it.

Parkesie959
    #1 nirvana fan wrote: i have an ibanez S470DXQM and have had a few problems, but probably very unlikely ones at that. this review was quite helpful, and i think that its a beautiful guitar. i dont see why they didnt put a floyd style trem for that much money , but other thatn that sounds like a great guitar.
    Some people don't like tremolos. *Cough*Paul Gilbert*cough*
    Shredding 4Life
    Wooden_Pints wrote: I own one of those. Actually it's the exact same oas the picture. I have to say it's one of the best guitars i've ever played.
    Resurrected22
    donfeliz wrote: is the bridge height adjustable? it seems like it is but Im not positive.....
    yep
    darkeskater
    saint_berzerker
    darkeskater wrote: What is the neck? Neck through? Set? Bolt-on? I've been trying to figure that out, but I haven't found anything that says it. Since I never get on here, just email me at skate_alaska1@hotmail.com
    Bolt on....nice shaped heel, no bulky block neck joint.
    saint_berzerker
    Best guitar I've ever had, and I've had a few. Better than my Japanese RG550. Prestiges are just flawless.
    SPBY
    I've played the Matt Bachand guitar, the RGA121 is much better and the emg's in his guitar sound terrible. i did play the less expensive version of it so the type of bridge could effect its tone, but i think that even the stock pickups on the RGA sound better than Bachand's guitar.
    primitive
    ey spby maybe your not comfortable playing on standard d. coz the mbm (matt bachand model) is factory tune on that or maybe the 9 volts of the emg has drained because that guitar is very good and expensive you said you play the less expensive the diff of the other it is made in japan like the rga 121. by the way the rga 121 is the blueprint of the mbm1.