RGA32 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RGA32

Price paid: £ 299.99

Purchased from: Rimmers Music

I play all kinds of stuff: metal, blues, classic rock, etc, and it seems to handle all of them great. Clean sounds are a little tricky to get just right, because the LZ3 pickups do seem a little more focused on metal, and don't really give warm or soft sounds unless you really play around with amp settings. Distortion sounds are great on this guitar (because like I said, the pickups do seem to focus on the heavier music genres). It gives great treble, bass and mid sounds, and the bridge and mahogany body give it great sustain. Personally, I play a lot of Muse songs, so harmonics are hugely important, and they are really easy to make. Overall, a great sound, just a little difficult to clean up.

Overall, I love this guitar, especially at the price I paid for it. I've even put a Fernandes Sustainer in it, which makes it even better. I can't really pick a bad thing about it, and would definitely buy again if lost/stolen.

Playing live with this is a breeze. I haven't had a single electronic flaw since I bought it (a couple of months ago), even after accidentally dropping twice. It's super light so if you're a very mobile player it's perfect, and everything about the way it's built seems solid. I haven't seen a single flaw in the finish so far, even after gigging.

Almost flawless build quality. Only problem was that the last few frets were sharper than the rest, but that just took a little bit of filing, no biggie.

This 24 fret superstrat style guitar was made in indonesia in 2009. It's a mahogany body with a 3 piece maple Wizard 2 bolt on neck with rosewood fingerboard. It has basic Dot inlays. The gibraltar bridge has great sustain, and is extremely comfortable for resting my hand on. Features 1 volume and 1 tone knob and a 3 way blade style pick up selector. Standard Ibanez tuners and nut. I have the European only Mahogany Oil finish.