RGA32 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RGA32

Price paid: € 289

Purchased from: Feedback Rotterdam

Mostly I play metal and hardrock. This guitar suits my style perfectly. I get lots of gain from the humbuckers but when I need clean sounds, it does that perfectly too. I don't use any effects, I plug the guitar straigt into my Peavy Valveking. I get a full, deep distorted sound especially on the bridge humbucker. The pickups are really quiet, I get almost no noise when being plugged in but not playing.

Overall I'm in love with this guitar, it suits my style perfectly. The neck fits my hands perfectly and play's like a dream. This is my third guitar, I own an old Ibanez Saber 540 and a Washburn MG 74, I got this guitar because of the fixed bridge. I've been playing guitar for 6 years now. I love the fixed bridge en the sound I get from the stock pickups. In the shop I played this guitar and a Epi G400, RGR 321 and a Dean Evo and this just blew the rest out of the water.

I always fit my guitar with straplocks, you never know.. I would play without backup just because it feels realy sturdy. The only thing I worry about is the finish of the bridge, maybe with a lot of palm muting the chrome could get less. Time wil tell...

From the factory the set-up was just fine. The action was a little high but nothing I couldn't fix. The bridge pickup needed to be raised but the rest was fine. The intonation was spot on. I checked for flaws and the only thing is that there is a very small chip out of the back of the headstock.

My RGA is the 2010 model in white, I believe only availeble in Europe. It's made in Indonesia, mahogany body, 3pc maple neck (bolt on), 2 Ibanez LO-Z active humbuckers and a Gibraltar Standard bridge. Further it has a volume and tone knob and a 3way switch.

!-twisty-!
    cleans wise i realised one of the batteries was loose in the guitar. Now i have fixed this (very quick fix) tonal quality covers a very good spectrum, sorry if the review is misleading for toneality this guitar is a lot morre versatile than stated
    ultimateshreddr
    this guitar is amazing for the price. great playability, feel, and sustain. you're definitely getting your money's worth. I particularly like the bridge, its very comforting on the hand. I would change the pickups as soon as possible though - my friend has this guitar and loaded it with a dimarzio air norton, and it sounds beautiful even through a 15 watt spider.