RGA42 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RGA42

Price paid: A$ 900

Purchased from: Red hot music

The sound is amazing! I play alot of punk, and abit of metal like- Grinspoon, Parkway Drive, Suicide Silence, Blink 182. And its suit them all well. I run it through a Vox VT100, there is absolutely no noise, even when the gain is up, no noise at all. The sound is bright and clean, you can get many tones with it.

This guitar is amazing for all types of music, with the active pickups, thin neck, great finish anything is possible with this. I would buy another one without a doubt! the only thing i hate about it, is that it might be abit heavy for long gigs, which i dont like. other then that its a great buy.

I've played this guitar in gig's and it does a excellent job. I have this guitar for about a month but already I can see that its solid. The strap buttons are solid, but I'm eventually going to put straplocks on. The guitar itself weighs a fair bit, very solid. I would gig without a backup for sure! The finish is most likely to fade after awhile but would still look amazing.

Well when I tried the guitar out at Red hot music, I asked if they could order in the Ibanez with no trem, but they stopped producing that, so they blocked the trem for me! The action was still amazing, the pickups were at the right height so I didn't have to adjust anything which was a bonus! The only thing that was a upset is that the input was ab-normally tight, so the lead was stuck alot more than normal, but that's the only flaw.

Ibanez Rga42, was made in 2009, I think Indonesia. 24 frets, jumbo and wizard neck II. The body is Mahogany with white biding. The neck is 3 piece maple. Finish is a beautiful "Cosmo Black" This Super Strat body, is amazing so comfortable. The bridge is a Edge III Tremolo, but I blocked it because I didn't want it, but still very nice. This guitar is active pickups, and suits is very well! The guitar has 1 volume, 3 way selector, and active pickup selector. The pickups are Lz3's? I think that's what it is.

hobbit1066
    i have the black version with the white binding and love it , its light and fast neck help me no end as i have short fingers, its great for hard rock and metal and does nice cleans with a bit of tinkering, although if i want real nice cleans i grab my LP studio