RGA42 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RGA42

Purchased from: Thomann.de

It really suits my playing style (metal). I have a Line 6 spder IV amp and I use dostortion the majority of the time. Its completely silent when I'm not playing it on distortion, and its the same with the clean channel. It produces a very good sound for me.

Overall, it is an excellent guitar, which hardly any flaws at all. I've been playing for 5 years and it is a great guitar for metal. If it was stolen or lost, I would definetely buy a new one.

I think this guitar would be able to withstand playing live, but I would possibly take a back up just incase the strap loacks come of or lose or something. The hardware seems like it will last a very long time and the finish is the same.

The action was a little high, and it didn't come with the correct tool to fix it, so I had to borrow my friends. Other than that it was set up perfect. The pickups were great height, the paintwork was fine, and there was no scratches on it at all.

It was made in 2009 in Indonesia. Its got 24 jumbo frets with a rosewood fingerboard, mahogany body, a gabraltar Standard bridge (which is goos for tuning to lower tunings), active pickups, 1 volume control, 3-way selector, 2 LZ3 pickups and non-locking tuners. I got a gig-bag, lead and strap included in the package.

StaindVein
    i have this guitar myself...EFFING AWESOME, plain and simple if you guys wanna check it out in action head on over to my youtube channel at youtube.com/tordysbreak14v
    evmac
    I own this guitar. It seriously kicks ass for metal. The active pickups are awesome, especially for stocks. The cleans aren't what it's meant for but you can achieve some nice clean tones.