RGA7-BK review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RGA7-BK

The style in which I play mainly revolves around melodic death metal (Scar Symmetry, Solution.45, etc) and so far, it seems to perfectly fit into that genre. The B string (lowest one) has a very clear, but attention demanding sound to it. I play through a Line 6 Spider 30 watt, and it sounds like a beast, although it sounded high on the treble before messing around with the controls (not sure if it has to do with guitar though). Overall excellent!

This guitar perfectly suits genres that deal with crushing riffs, and fast, shredding solos. I've been playing for nearly 6 years, and getting to know this 7 string will definitely be an interesting experience. If it were stolen or lost, I would definitely buy it again, and again, you get the point. I love that this guitar is not only great for beginning 7 string guitarists, but it is also perfect for veterans of the 7 string axes. I don't think I could ask for a better guitar.

I do not know whether this guitar would withstand a live gig, as I do not do live shows, although it seems to be a pretty sturdy axe, so I think it would be able to perform well on stage. I can depend on this guitar to play well, and it's too early to tell whether it's hardware and such will last long.

I'm not sure how well the guitar was set up (Bought it used) but the action, the pickups, and everything else are flawless. No errors or mistakes are visible to me. Only thing that I would change would be to move the volume knob a bit farther down, as it occasionally (not often) will come into contact with my hand (not a big issue though).

This Ibanez was made in 2010, and in Indonesia. This axe has a 25.5" scale, and 24 jumbo frets. Made from maple and walnut. Rosewood fretboard. A beautiful mahogany body, with a very smooth finish. The body style has more of a Strat look, but with sharper edges that let you know that this guitar was made for metal. It has active IBZ-LZ pickups, and a standard 7 string Gibraltar bridge. For controls, it has a volume knob, a 3 way selector, and a toggler thing that I don't know the name of.