RGR321EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RGR321EX

Purchased from: India

I play Hard Rock/Metal/Progressive, somewhere along the lines of Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Pantera etc. The EMG Pickups give it such a clear sound, that you want to just close your eyes and relish it! I use an Orange CR20L amplifier (which is also awesome). When you select the Bridge pickup, you get a sharp, crunchy lead tone, which I also use for strong Rhythm playing. The Neck pick on the other hand has got a warm, sweet tone (like in Hollow-Pantera), perfect for those mood swings! When you plug it in, no other noises can be heard.

When I first set out to buy a guitar, I had said, "No Ibanez". This was because, my friend had an Ibanez GRG series guitar which was in the worst condition. The Floyd-Rose bridge was causing problems, the strings kept detuning themselves, it was horrible. I know because I was using it for a while. My mind immediately changed when I saw this guitar. I just wish that it had a Tremolo Arm. So if your looking to play some Dimebag Classics, then move along, look somewhere else. Buy This Guitar. It Is Worth It.

I have played one live show with this guitar, and it didn't cause any problems. I think it will last very well on live shows. I would even play a gig without a backup guitar. All the hardware is intact and nothing seems like it will cause problems, except for the output socket nut. The gig bag they had given me was pointless. The zippers just broke th minute I touched them. They have given me a replacement though.

I've had this guitar for 2 months. When I bought it, the action was perfect(I like my action a little low). The strings that were on the guitar were a bit rusted, but that doesn't really matter. The stock are nice to play on. The pickup selector gives a small echo sound, which can be heard prominently(but not while playing). The finish was overall good. After a month of playing, the nut for the output socket became loose and I had to get it changed. That was the only thing that bothered me. The finish was overall good.

Simple, clean and brilliant. It has a piano-black finish which is awesome! It looks outstanding. This guitar's got 24 Jumbo Frets, Basswood body, 3pc Wizard II Maple Neck and 2 Ibanez made EMG pickups. The neck is really thin and is great for those who like to shred! Its got a great feel to it. The bridge on this guitar is not something you've seen on a lot of guitars. Its got a Gibraltar Standard Bridge which is really neat and comfy. It's got 1 Volume control, 1 Tone control and a 3-way selector for the pickups. I just wish that this guitar had a Tremolo Arm. The extra accessories you might get depend on the dealer.

Anansi
    Thinking of getting this, but why does everyone say its made of basswood? the Ibanez site lists it as mahogany..