RGR321EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RGR321EX

The sound is amazing, the sustain you get on this guitar is unbelivable, I guess that's Ibanez for you. I use a G2 Zoom pedal & a Behnringer wah through a Whitehorse head and cab. This guitar needs top spec pedals and amps to keep the guitar sounding awesome. The sound is quality, no problem with feedback even at ridculously high levels volume, I use it mainly for metal which it's perfect for, but is also versatile enough to play acoustic, blues, punk, the list is endless.

Overall, this has been the best guitar I have ever played, my friends often use it when I bring it round to jam, the neck and the action makes playing it a real dream, because I mostly play metal (and Acoustic stuff ever so often) I find its perfect, but I can't see why it wouldn't be as great with any other genre. I was pleased to pick it up at such a cheap price at the time as the guitar was practically brand new, couldnt see it ever being used. The only down side I would say that if you don't have the equipment to gain your perfect sound the guitar does lose it's high end quality. Before buying this guitar I did try a fair few different guitars, from Ibanez and other makes like Dean and ESP. But I found this guitar perfect! It is definately a guitar to look out for if your looking to buy a new guitar, the best thing is the neck, it's just so perfect!

This guitar has no problems, the weight is perfect for live playing, not too heavy and not to light, perfect if your jumping around on stage, all hardware seems it would last a lifetime (aslong as you look after it) I allways bring a backup guitar (incase a string goes) but that would be the only reason I would bring one. This guitar is so versatile you could shred on it for hours and not a single string would go out of tune (well it didn't with the DR's on it).

As you can expect from an Ibanez the action is spot on, the strings that came with it were lush, but soon replaced with DR Black Beauties (which have been the best strings I've ever used for this paticular guitar), all fittings are professionaly done, for the year I've had this guitar which has been used daily there has been no problem as of yet with it, and it gets used alot!

3pc Wizard II neck. Basswood body. 24 jumbo frets. Fixed bridge. EMG/Ibanez pickups. Black piano finish. 1 tone, 1 volume, 3-way pickup selector. Locking tuners, mine came with a amordillo hardcase & a basic guitar strap. This was found via ebay through a cash generator website. Unmarked, still with the original covers on the pickups, machine heads and back plate.

Krayzie-Bone
    The pick ups aren't the best but if you are willing to change it, change it to Seymour Duncan pick ups and it will be a beast thats what i did!