RGR321EX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RGR321EX

Purchased from: City Music, Truro

Very versatile. I mainly play full-on Lamb Of God, Machine Head like metal, and it can take that. However, it can take other styles, such as funk, folk, blues and jazz. I play it through a Laney HCM65R, with a Marshall Drivemaster, and it slays. It can deliver high register shred solos, but it can also deliver bluesy ones.

I play metal, as already stated. This is my second guitar, and I love it. It gives me what I want, straight to the point. I've been playing for about 3-4 years, and I haven't played many better guitars than this. I definently picked the right guitar, I just wish the input jacks soldering was done a lot better and more stable, and I wish that the tuners would retain tune a lot better. Apart from this, it's a great starter-intermediate metal guitar.

Ibanez are known for durability, and this is one is, excluding the damage it had taken to the tuners. But the finish is a nightmare. You can see every mark, scratch and indent. Also, the toggle switch has bent up, but this isn't a bad, as it makes it quite easier to switch pickups. I'd deficiently use a backup just in case something goes wrong.

The action was low as hell on it, the pickups were perfectly adjusted. When I first got it, it was pristine. Since then, however, quite a few things happened, Firstly, the solder connecting the wires to the jack split. 3 times. And for quite a while, the low E tuning head wouldn't keep tune well, due to the fact that I've accidently whacked it into a lot of things.

- Built in Indonesia - Basswood with white binding - Bridge is a Gibraltar standard - Black Hardware - Wizard III maple neck, bound rosewood fretboard, pearl dot inlays, 24 jumbo frets, reversed headstock - Electronics-Neck pickup is a INF1, which is a ceramic passive pickup, which is splitable-Bridge pickup is a INF2, Alnico V magnets, which is also passive and splitable - Controls-1 tone, 1 volume, 5 way toggle (Goes "Neck", "Neck Parallel Connected", "Both", "Bridge Split", "Bridge")