RGR521EX1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RGR521EX1

Purchased from: East coast music mall

For metal it's perfect, with rich, deep tones. With some distortion the harmonics ring almost forever, and pinching couldn't be easier. I use a DigiTech Metal Master Distortion pedal and a 6505 Head/Straight Cabinet which really excentuate it's bold sound. Without distortion it creates a very dark mood, especially in a minor key.

I play mostly metal and have been for a few years now. This guitar fits my every need and I consider to be basically irreplacable. I use a lot of different tunings (some as low as dropped A - A2, E3, A3, D4, F#4, B4), so it's pretty adaptable. My favotite feature is the barbed wire inlay on the neck because it just looks awesome. there's nothing about it I don't like, although I do wish it came in a seven string.

This guitar has and will continue to withstand Live playing. I've dropped it on a concrete floor with hardly a scratch. I've had it for a couple of years and it still plays like new. I have used it on a gig without a backup before. The finish it very durable and wont wear off.

The action from the factory was what I desired. It is far enough away from the fretbord to prevent unwanted vibration, but close enough so that the pitch of the notes isn't affected by playing on higher frets. I never had to get a neck adjustment. The only thing I ever had to fix was that the jack cames loose once and I had to tighten it.

This guitar was made in 2005. It provides two Designed by EMG humbuckers and a reverse headstock for extra-large tone. The neck inlay is a very cool black pearloid barbed wire and the body finish is a special dark swirl that looks outrageous. It has 24 frets with a 3-way selecter and volume and tone controlls. Other features include a mahogany body, 3-piece Wizard II neck, jumbo frets and a fixed bridge.

Nassar1500
    Physh
    Nassar1500 wrote: i think that diabetes joke was hilarious and there are alot of funny things about diabetes including that joke about diabets
    this&that
    nikhil101 wrote: wow! i need this guitar like diabetics need insulin
    Dude that diabetes thing was so uncalled for, seriously man, theres nothing funny about diabetes. But, this is one fine ass guitar, damn im going to get it.
    Zachy Boy
    its a nice guitar the barbwire fret inlay ive seen before, i think they had one at my local music shop, i never picked it up, must be pretty sweet. and for $500 that sounds like a a deal.
    BumSnack
    Man this guitar is aesome. Its like perfect for me, im it sucks ass that it is discontinued.
    metal_666_man
    anyone know anything about the ibanez XPT700? im thinking of getting one but i dont know much about it:S
    MetalMegatron
    i think these usually go for $400-450, i've got one and its a damn sexy heavy metal monster!