RGT42 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RGT42

Purchased from: Ital Melodie

This guitar was obviously made for metal. But it also suits softer genres such as rock. I use it through a Korg Toneworks AX1500G modeling processor. Beautiful crunchy and clean tones. The INF pickups are quiet even on the most saturated distortion. This guitar really screams. I'm giving it a 9 because I'm willing to upgrade the stock INF pickups.

Seriously this is the metal guitar I've been looking for during 6 months! The floyd rose isn't a pain in the ass because you don't have to cut the strings. Been playing for 3 years and I'm not willing to sell this one in a near future. 9 on this one because of the weird whammy bar.

Heavily built. I like to have a backup whatever the main guitar is but I'm too broke now. Ain't even worried about breaking strings live.

Flawless. The factory set-up was almost perfect with 9-42 strings. The pickups are in their sweet spots and the paint is so hot (Lavender)! I was worried because after a few weeks I was getting fret buzz on the high e string. just put a new set of strings and I can play even lower than before with no fret buzz. This axe sustains like no other due to the neck-thru constrution!

JohnnySlash
    "The RGT42's mahogany body provides rich warm lows and sweet sustain." Isn't it basswood??
    the spiker
    If anyone wants to upgrade the pickups (which I will do shortly) put some EMG's in there. Like anEMG 85on the neck and 81 on da bridge. Then you'll have your perfect sound : : : : : :
    Mahoru
    It's a really good choice for its price: it sounds very well, but I prefer to pay a little bit more and take an RG2550E
    the spiker
    I went to guitar center to check out some guitars. I didn't see my guitar (rgt42dx) on the wall so I asked a salesperson to look it up. He came back and said it's been phased out. Is this true?
    kennymac99
    you could always save up a bit extra and go for Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR, it comes with EMG 81/85, sweet