RGT42 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RGT42

Price paid: € 400

Purchased from: donedeal.ie

The sound with the new pickups is how you would expect this guitar with duncan JBs to sound...simply godlike. At first I thought "wow ,what agreat distortion sound". Later I dicovered that this guitar/pickup combo can do anything immaginable, and with agood amp, you'll never own another guitar. NUFF SAID.

My band mainly play classic and collage rock and some country on occaision and I've never come accross a guitar that can cope with all of these styles and more. This through my Marshall tsl 100 produces almost any sound immaginable. I ussually leave metal to a guitar with EMGs but EMGs suck can only be used in metal. I had ajob in a music shop a while back and I had the chance to play the most expensive of les pauls and prs guitars and I was massivly suprised. I can honestly say I would have rathered to be home playing my beutiful Ibanez instead. If it were stolen I wouldn't have time to buy another as I would be busy killing wyself!

Usually guitars with thin necks and locking trems are hard to depend on and unless they are high end boutique guitars but with this one I feel like I can gig a freakin stadium with total peace of mind. I never use a backup live and I doupt I'll ever need to, it never goes out of tune, it seems to be immune to blistering heat levels and cruel trem work alike.

The previous owner had this baby set up perfectly when he sold it to me. The action was low, that with the wizard ii neck is like playing gods guitar! As for the new trem its just as good as the orrigionall floyds on my other guitars. I put new strings on it last week and haven't even tweaked the tuning since, the tunig stabillity is next to perfect. With such a thin neck you would think it would be prone to warping but I can tell you its straight as the day I bought it. My one complaint in this section is when the action is set very low you get some fret buzz! But I can live with that.

the origional Ibanez RGT42 is in my oppinion the best guitar for under $1200 on the market, I shit you not! It features infinity humbuckers and an Ibanez trem, its best feature by far is the neck thru design. This gives the guitar unbelievably good tone and sustain, plus exellant access to the upper frets. My one has been upgraded with a Schaller trem and Seymour Duncan JBs. Mine also has a sparkly green finish. These upgrades make this my ideal guitar, I could not even think of selling or replacing it. thats how good it is!!

grungelive72
    I got this used and it kicks ass. Im droppin a DiMarzio Liquifire and a DiMarzio D-sonic in it. The stock INF pickups are complete sludge and mud. Hate em. The trem also wears out fairly quickly over time, so i'm gonna put an OFR in it. then itll really kick ass.