RGT42DXFMTLF review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RGT42DXFMTLF

Purchased from: Steves Music Store

This guitar's sound is very versatile. I am playing it through a Peavey Rage 158 practice amp and I can get almost any sound that I want out of it. This guitar can give you high levels of distortion with little to no buzzing and has excellent cleans. I was able to replicate any sound I wabted such as: RHCP, Clapton, Mettalica and Guns N' Roses. The bridge pickup sounds full and rich while the neck pickup gives off a more bright and acoustic like tone. Overall I love what I can get out of this guitar.

I play mostly classic and hard rock such as Aerosmith and Guns N' Roses but I also like to play blues like BB King. I find that this guitar covers all my needs. I've been playing for a little over one and a half years and I did my homework before buying this guitar. If it were stolen, I would buy this guitar again in a heartbeat. I compared it to some ESPs and Epiphones in the music store but I just couldn't keep away from this guitar.

I have yet to play this guitar live but I'm sure it would well be up to the task. The strap buttons are extremely solid and I have yet to have my strap fall off, but just to be safe I think I'm going to invest in some strap locks. I would definetly gig without a backup with this guitar. My only comlaint is that the paint is easy to chip in some of the more vulnerable places (i.e. tip of the headstock).

When I bought this guitar it was fited with D'Addario strings gauge .09 to .42 and the previous owner had done an excellent job setting up the whammy bar. The only flaw the guitar had was that the input jack was giving me alot of buzzing and I had to re-solder a wire.

I got this guitar used for $600 dollars. It's a neck-thru guitar with a Wizard II neck that has 24 jumbo frets with deluxe shark tooth inlays. The neck is 5pc. maple/walnut with a rosewood fingerboard. The body is made of mahogany with a flame maple top. The guitar is a bit more purple in real life than in the photo but I personally find it makes the guitar look better. It has a super-Strat style body with an Edge Pro II bridge. The bridge isn't the best one out there and causes the strings to go sharp if you abuse it too much. Although, if you won't be doing much divebombs the bridge can hold it's own. The guitar features two passive humbucking pickups; an Ibanez INF1 pickup in the neck and an INF2 in the bridge. The guitar has one volume and one tone knob as well as a 5-way pickup selector Switch. This guitar does not come with any accesories.