RGT6EXFX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RGT6EXFX

Price paid: € 766

Purchased from: Thomann.de

The style of music I play varies from metal to hardrock and this guitar fits both perfectly. I play the RGT6EXFX through a Hughes&Kettner Vortex Black Halfstack, which is not the best metal amplifier in the world. So I use a Line6 POD and a Boss ME-20 multi effects to alter the sound, and it works perfectly. The EMG's are known to be silent, and indeed they are. With my previous guitar (a cheap BC Rich model) I had so much noise that it was a burden to play Live. But not with this baby. The mahogany gives it a rich and full sound. The 81 pickup is a screaming lead powerhouse, and the 85 produces a warm but bright clean.

This guitar is absolute bliss to me. I've always wanted EMG pickups, but I didn't want to put them in my crappy BC Rich. So when I saw this Ibanez model with the 81/85, I didn't hesitate. I tried it at the local guitar store, and fell in love. If it were stolen/lost, I probably wouldn't buy the same one, but I would surely go for another Superstrat with EMG's. It's a very good and reliable guitar for the metal or heavy rock player. If you're looking for a nice, comfortable and amazing sounding guitar, this is the one you're looking for.

I've gigged with this guitar, but I wouldn't gig without a backup. A snapped string can happen with the best guitars. The strap buttons are very solid, but I'm not much of a jumper when I gig, so if you like to swing your guitar around and act crazy on stage, I recommend getting straplocks. It's a solid guitar which can take some beating, the finish looks good enough to stay on for a while. But I personally wouldn't throw this baby all around the room.

When I got the guitar, the action was a little high, so I lowered it and it's amazing. Pickups were fine how they came in. This guitar was absolutely flawless when I got it, solid as a rock. The neck on this baby is unbelievable. Very comfortable to play on, like butter in my hands. The guitar is also very comfortable to play with standing up, which is a bliss after a top-heavy BC Rich. When I first got it, I just couldn't put it down. While the only thing I wanted to do with the BC Rich was tossing it out of the window. Amazing guitar for an amazing price.

This guitar was made in 2007 in Korea. Features a 25.5" scale with 24 jumbo frets, rosewood fretboard, 5pc Wizard II maple/walnut neck thru. The body style is a Superstrat, mahogany wing body with a black finish and fixed bridge with string-thru-body. The pickups we have here is the active EMG 81/85 combo with a 3-way selector. The guitar came with a gigbag, strap and cable.