RGT6EXFX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RGT6EXFX

Purchased from: Henry's Music

This guitar fits perfectly into my music style. I use this guitar mainly for shred metal, soloing, and it's perfect fo these. I play a lot of Paul Gilbert/Racer X on this guitar, and it's the perfect guitar for doing so. The sound is so clear and rich. Even if you have the distortion all turned al of the way up along with the gain, you can still make out every note. I've used this guitar on several amps, a couple of them being a Roland, a Marshall, and others, I've used at friends houses. I've even played on a crappy amp that had a bunch of wires cut out, and it still plays amazing. The sound of this guitar is the big seller here. It's amazing. This guitar has a fairly wide variety of sounds, considering it's not a hollowbody guitar. Each setting has it's own unique sound and it's rich in it's own way. everything sounds great. no cons in this department.

This guitar is great for anyone playing solo work, metal, rock, classic rock etc... etc.. but if you are looking to play light/soft acoustic sounds, then this may not be the guitar for you. But it matchs the styles of metal, rock, screamy solos and shred perfectly. This guitar easily outplays most Gibson SGs and some of Gibson's top models. I can't believe that this guitar was under $1000. It's incredible and totally worth the buy. The only thing I would wish it had was one more pickup in the middle, but it sounds almost just as good with 2. I have been playing for about 6 years now, and it is my favorite guitar, so far. If it were stolen I would buy it again. I may even by other one if it weren't stolen. That's how great this gem really is. It's an amazing guitar and it's rich and clear in everything it has.

Yes, I've played this guitar Live. It's great as long as you're not one of those people Who whips it around and bangs it on the floor. I always have a backup guitar with me for playing acoustic songs, but I've never had to use my backup in place of this guitar. The finish is still as dark as when I got it and the pickups are still working fine. It sounds as rich and as clear as ever. The only thing I will say is that, being it has a black finish, the guitar can get quite dusty, but it's no big deal once you brush it off it's fine. But it sounds great on stage.

This guitar was set up great. I've played it for a little over a year without breaking one string. It's great. The great black finish is still as full and dark as it was when I bought it and everything works great. No real flaws I can think of. Everything looks and sounds great.

The Ibanez RGT6EXFX is not bad when it comes to features. The guitar has jumbo frets, so it makes playing easier when it comes to playing higher on the neck. The guitar has a night black finish and great shape that is comfortable for playing. There is both a volume control and a tone control and a 3-way selector. There are two pickups on this guitar, they are humbucking and sound great from the moment you plug it in. They really kick in the second you start playing, and don't need to warm up. The model I bought came with a nice silver case.

Eskil Rask
    nutsinatin wrote: Does any one know what tuners come with this guitar, just one little thing I've wondered as I can't find out any ware.
    I'm pretty sure they are standard Ibanez tuners.
    666brutality
    just got thia guitar in red and i love it to death. emg hz is not my preffered choice id love it with 81/85s tho.
    rise1984
    Bought this very cheap off ebay and it arrived today. Got the chameleon one with 81/85's, seems very nice so far but haven't had a proper play as yet. Don't like the tuners, might do a full review after I've had time to settle in with it.
    Chase_Jarvis23
    To Lilsnoopy101, it now comes in a color changing blue chameleon burst. Anyway, this is a nice guitar.
    Lord Ordevan
    Guys, I really want this guitar, but not sure... it's this or Ibanez MBM-2... both have EMGs... It's quite simple and dull yes... that's one thing I don't like, people can't say, wow that guitar looks so nice, but at the end of the day, it comes to the sound that matters.
    nutsinatin
    666brutality
    get the jackson slsmg, imo, if you are looking for something simillar but better and have higher budgets, go for the jackson slsmg soloist.