RGTHRG1 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: RGTHRG1

Purchased from: V - Sel Music

I generally play alot of metal and rock with a bit of pop here and there and this guitar suits all styles perfectly. I use a Zoom G2.1u multi effects pedal and a Charvel-Jackson CH200r 25 Watt Amp and the sound after pickup change is quite satisfying. The Infinity pickup in the neck is actually pretty good the one in the bridge was so-so hence I switched it. The guitar is not noisy at all and in fact at times I don't even have to use a noise gate. The guitar in Short sound wise is extremely Diverse. You can go from a clean warm near-Acoustic sound to a All-out Riffer madness Metal Tone.

I have been playing for four years or so and I must say this has to be one of the finest guitars I have ever played. The only thing anyone should change is the pickup in the bridge. The EDGE 3 system is extremely reliable and never goes out of tune. If it was stolen I would find the the thief and finish HIM Mortal Kombat style if you get my point =P. One thing I would add is that it would be better if it came with EMG's or DMarzio's as standarad pickups.

I have used this guitar extensively and Thoroughly both Live an recording and I must say this thing is a TANK! It will never let you down.

The guitar (used when I bought it) was in amazing condition and the setup was absolutely amazing. I have now come to expect this from Ibanez as the other Ibanez guitars I had (bought NEw) were setup perfectly.

The guitar was made in korea in the year 2007. 24 frets, amazing action and H-H combination (Humbuckers in the neck and bridge). I believe the neck is a Wizard 3 neck which i must say is "super fast" to put it simply. The body is a super-Strat typical to many Ibanez guitars but its selling point is the paint job, Done by H.R Giger himself and i must say it is quite a site. Tuners are Standard Ibanez and its a Edge III tremolo System. There is a Standard one volume and one tone control and a 5 way selector. The pickups are standar Ibanez "infinity" series (although I switched out the bridge with a DMarzio) and you get a custom hardcase with the guitar.