S1220 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S1220

It pretty much suits any music style perfectly. But I pretty much play metal/metalcore/hardcore/rock and it's aweosme for them I mean you can basically play anything you want on it and it always sounds and feels right. I'm using a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 amp and a Boss GT-8 pedal for effects. It gets pretty wild when you crank it up but it's controled like I said it sounds great wether on soft or hard distortion or even no distortion. It has a very rich full sound even though it's an extremely thin guitar specially with the dimebucker which is alsow freakin' awesome. This guitar pretty much can do everything even though you are kinda limited by the twenty one frets but I don't find that a vice but more a good thing. The tremolo system is really good actually even thought it's not a floyd rose I actually like this one better than the original.

I think this guitar suits all types of music and it can intigrate itself into just about anything but to my style it fits perfectly which is metal and that sort of stuff. I've been playing for about ten years now I guess and currently I own a Marshall jcm 2000 dsl 1000. A Boss GT-8 effects pedal. A DOD malmsteen overdrive pedal. A DigiTech Death Metal pedal. An Ibanez S1220 prestige series guitar and an Ibanez SZ520 guitar. If it was stolen I'd be super pissed because they don't make this guitar anymore LOL so I'd be like aww crap the best guitar I've ever played is gone, but yeah I'd try and find another one. Actually if I found another one right now I'd definitely buy it on the spot I swear it's the best guitar I've played ever. I practically love everything about it the finish the way it feels the sound the neck is exceptionally amazing. I pretty much compared it to most guitars out there before buying it Gibsons, Fenders, Jacksons, Charveles, other Ibanezes and I have to say this was the best sounding/feeling guitar I've ever played hands down and I practically live at guitar center. I think this guitar has everything it needs and the only thing I wish it had was nothing actually it has everyting.

The guitar itself it's really solid I mean everything is put together really well and yeah it's a really solid well meade guitar. I feel like it will last for a really really long time if you take care of it ii mean I'm taking really good care of it and it doesnt't even have a ding on it or anything and I've had it for about a year now and it's still in perfect condition so yeah it's really well made.

It was set up really well the frets were installed really well and everything in the body was perfect. The strings were ok only because I only use extra life dr's so yeah they felt kinda weird at first but I changed them first thing. The guitar contained no flaws and it is still in prestine condition.

It was made in 2003 in Japan and it's a 21 fret guitar with jumbo frets with a rosewood neck. The neck is a five peice neck with a special prestiege mark on the twelfth fret only. It's a super Strat solid body styled guiatar with an awesome wooden finish. It has the low pro "floyd rose" tremolo system. It came with stock pick ups but I changed the bridge pick up and installed a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker. It comes with a volume control and a tone control with a five way switch. It has non locking tunners with nut locks of course. All in all it's a f--king awesome guitar and there's nothing more you could pretty much ask for.

axejam123
    Hey nice guitar. I'm sure it plays great, but there's no way it's absolutely perfect if every respect. So the "10's" across the board are overkill dont you think?
    K10P
    stryker1223 wrote: its NOT herman li's guitar! his guitar has 5 pickups and 22 frets! DRAGONFORCE ROCKS!!!
    5 Pickups..wow must be like Nugel Tufnels from Spinal Tap!!!!! Pee Wee Herman uses a s470 and some other 7 string models.
    metalfreak12
    herman li uses ibanez s prestiges guys yes the s prestige do have inlay down the neck lol i had to know that to also yo what makes some guitar better for lead and other better for rhythm
    Razormouth
    I'm thinkin bout gettin a new s-prestige but being dyslexic, i'm worried bout gettin lost around the unmarked fretboard. Can someone tell me if it has dot inlays down the side of the neck? And Herman does indeed rock!
    punk-man12
    What guitar does Herman Li use? this looks a hell of a lot like it.. did someone review it?
    Swamplord
    Yeh 5 pickups being two double humbuckers with a single coil in the middle. Five doesn't make that much of a difference if the pickups are cheap. The only guitars that do 21 frets besides this one that I own is a fender strat. A few models of fender are 21 fretters.
    stryker1223
    joeyo3
    nice guitar, problem is it has only 21 fretz, but not a big deal. i agree that the 10's across are alittle too much
    CustomCustom
    Recount that neck it may be confusing without fret markers but if its an S with locking trem its 22 my man
    Dudage
    Someone decipher that last dude post for me. And, nice guitar man, I love the S's myself.
    mattk_3000
    AngryGuitarist wrote: angusyoungwanab wrote: i have this guitar too and it actually has 22 frets. yeah i dotn know alot of guitars that have 21 frets..... but yeah it looks really nice, i think that chinese guy from dragonfire uses one of these, nice guitar!
    uh i think u mean dragonforce is u do... this aint it.
    AngryGuitarist
    angusyoungwanab wrote: i have this guitar too and it actually has 22 frets.
    RGT_HRG1
    this guitar cant be perfect, but it does look pretty decent. i think ive seen it in a music store and i saw that the body is alot thinner then the average guitar. i gave it an 8.
    Glenben92
    Herman Li uses an E-GEN mainly. And i think he owns some high model S prestige's or something. Almost all having 24 frets, not 22 or :S 21 :S (which gave me a giggle to read). He also doesn't use an s470 as someone has said. And as for "dragonfire" boy (which also made me giggle), do some research before coming on forums and blurting out utter shite please. lol.