S270 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S270

Purchased from: Musifex

I'm still kind of a newbie, but I can tell this guitar packs quite a nice sound. It covers quite a lot of sounds, as I play in it things ranging from Metallica to Blink 182, and it keeps up with all. I use a Roland Cube-30, mostly clean but also distorted. Sounds nice with both. The pickups aren't the best, but they sound nice. The single coil is slightly noisy though. The Switch enables a with variety of sound to be produced, as every position sounds really unique.

I play mainly rock, and it fits nice. I've been playing for less than 6 months, and I just own this and the amp. I entered the store planning on buying another guitar (also Ibanez) but I just felt this one was right, even after trying more expensive guitars. I just love the looks, the feel and the sound. If it were stolen I'd buy another on the double! The only thing I wish it had is a non screwing tremolo handle.

The hardware seems to last! I unfortunately dropped a wrench key (big and heavy) on it, leaving only an almost invisible din't. I would use it without a backup but I'm a newbie so I'm not really sure if my opinion is to be trusted. But I would trust this guitar. The strap button tends to get loose, but easily screwed back on.

The guitar was well set up, but I can't really tell because I set it fixed before I left the store. Anyway, after that the action was really low, too low perhaps as it leads to some fret buzzing, but it can be fixed easily. The finish is beautiful and perfect (jewel blue).

- Made in Korea - 22 jumbo frets, rosewood finger board - Wizard II neck mahogany - Thin body - Floating bridge, single locking - Passive pickups - 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob and 5 way selector.