S270 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S270

I play every style of music and this guitar allows for seamless genre and style switching. I have used it with Line 6 Spider III and Mesa Boogie amps. The guitar's tone was constant across both qualities of amps. The overall sound of the guitar with factory pickups is very warm and accurate. I will be switching to a Dimarzio Fred in the bridge soon. No extra noises.

I have been playing guitar for 23 years. Mostly Ibanez and mostly S series models. Overall impression, this is by far the best S model to date. If someone stole the guitar I would buy three more. One of each finish. The Wizard II neck allows for blazing speed but also nice smooth chord changes with little effort and strain on your hand and fingers. The guitar can be played with a gentle light touch (jazz pop styles) or palm muted into the ground.

The guitar plays great Live. The slender S styling allows for long duration playing. The weight of the guitar is just enough to make it feel solid and durable. I would play a complete tour with just this guitar. I have had the guitar for 4 months and lots of hours played in that time. This guitar was worth the price.

The factory set-up was typical. I lowered the action and adjusted the bridge for eight gauge strings. The ZR bridge allows for very low action with clean sound.My first time changing strings was a little difficult.The blocks were hard to lock the strings in place. The second time went much smoother, after I adjusted to how the string fit in the saddle. The finish of the guitar was flawless.The Burled top gives the guitar a great custom look and feel. The stock pickups were adjusted well with no flaws.