S320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S320

Purchased from: Boogie Music

I have played many styles such as jazz, blues, and rock. This guitar can fit into any style. I run this guitar directly into my Peavey VK212 all-tube amp, and it's not only the tubes making the sound, the guitar compliments the tube sound very well. Even in my older solid-state amp, it produces a crisp sound for any style. Although it has only 2 knobs and a 5-way Switch, this guitar can produce just as many sounds as a guitar with many more confusing knobs. It is actually more convenient to have this set-up. On clean settings, it has a very prominent bright, but full sound that I love. The pickups aren't designed for any one purpose, but they are capable of many diverse sounds.

I play many styles of music, and have chosen this guitar as my main electric guitar because of it's versatility. I played in my high school jazz band and this axe produced a very nice muddy tone perfect for jazz. However, my main gig is with a few other guys in a local band. It has the capability to produce many screaming distorted tones and awesome punk-ish crunch tones. If I wanted to, I could play just about any other style of music with this guitar whether it's metal or country. I love everything about it. This guitar is that versatile. The only thing I want for this guitar is 24 frets, but that's okay since I never go that high. For under half a grand, this is the best guitar that I have found on the market. It easily rivals guitars that cost double the money. If it were stolen, I would most definitely buy this guitar again, if not another Ibanez S series model for variety.

This guitar is like a tank. It seems so sturdy that you could run over it with a tractor, pick it up and it would play better. I'm obviously kidding, as it is still a wooden guitar with complex hardware and Precision manufacturing. Live playing, band practice, private show offs to friends, drops from a 10 story building, this guitar will withstand it all. Although it's stupid to go onstage without a backup guitar, I would truly consider doing it with this guitar. The only way it's going to break on stage is with a crazy fan hurling a cinder block at it, or an old string breaking. I have replaced the strap buttons with locking ones so that I don't drop it and I can do throws, which this guitar can totally handle. Even the most intricate piece of hardware on this guitar, the bridge, seems solid. I could constantly use the tremolo without worrying about tuning or harm to the guitar itself since the bridge is on ball bearings. I plan on keeping this guitar for many years to come and I don't expect the performance to change at all.

The action on this guitar is lightning fast with no fret noise to be found all the way up the neck. All of the hardware on this guitar is solid and made to last. I love the look of the Onyx-colored metal that shines in contrast to the subtle satin-finish of the body. The tapered body along with its good balance allows you to concentrate more on playing and less on holding it. It stays nice and flat against my body whether I'm standing or sitting. The guitar is also very light which puts little burden on your body for long periods of play-such as gigs or long band practice. The finish is also interesting as it hides scratches and smudges unlike other black guitars which show them off.

This is a sweet guitar with a nice look and equally nice play. The solid black satin finish can be viewed for many styles. It stands out because of its clean looks. By clean, I mean it doesn't smudge, and it hides scratches very easily. The neck is one of the features that grabbed my attention. It has a three piece Wizard II Rosewood neck that feels amazing. It plays ultra-fast. There are 22 jumbo frets with a unique feature- the inlays. The only inlays are offset at the 12th fret which I find to be a very clean look that shows off the fretboard, but my band-mates find it to be somewhat annoying to count and see which fret I'm on. This is no problem for the guitarist though because it still has the indicators on the side of the neck. The head has a locking nut that will keep the guitar in tune through almost anything. The body is solid Mahogany with a taper to the edges that makes it light, sleek, and comfortable to hold. The S320 has dual INF humbuckers which are okay. The ZR ball bearing floating tremolo is made very well and is very responsive. It has adjustable tension for the trem on the back of the guitar. A few twists will make the tremolo more or less stiff. Tuning is done on the bridge as well to go with the locking nut feature on the head. It has 1 volume knob and 1 tone knob with a 5-way pickup selector which I find convenient.

AlexAvarice
    I've played on this guitar before, the pick-ups buzz alot. I plugged it into 3 amps (2 of them were tube), and still no progress.
    Cannibalhell666
    My friend has this guitar and he only had it for a couple of months but DAM awsome guitar for jamming but he paid like $345 I think becuase it was used or something but still kick ass guitar.
    hxcblak
    dude i NEED a guitar, i have a cheapy Squire bullet.....and only with a volume nod, that's it!! just so you know i found it...
    Janak
    This is the most incredible, well-built guitar I have ever seen. It has the lightest body weight I've ever seen, and it just looks and feels beautiful. The stock pickups are incredible in their versatility, you could beat the strings up and down all over the place with the tremolo and it doesn't even flinch or go out of tune. I'm not going to need another guitar for years and years to come, because this is just incredible and rivals anything else in its price range, and even a good bit beyond it. I love it :3
    witchdoc
    It is a great guitar, have had it for six months and use it with a marshall amp, I do think the pickups buzz a little (then again I am comparing it to my othe guitar that has EMGs), but over all it is a great guitar
    elmozzz
    I'm really thinking of buying this guitar, it looks great, and everything seems right. Is this guitar any good for rock to metal?