S320 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S320

Purchased from: guitar Center

It fits my playing well. I play alot of Van Halen and hard rock. So not only does it shred, but its great for the rytham. I tuned it down a 1/2 step and I like the thick sound I get from it. The intro to panama sounds pretty dead on. The pickup selector Switch is aliitle noisy. These pickups get basked alot, but they are not bad at all. I may upgrade in the future, but thats personal taste. I like the way it sounds now. Its has a raw sound, but I got it to sound warm as well. The five way selector switch gives you options. I did get some nice tones using it. Almost like an Acoustic on the clean channel.

I have been playing for almost 10 years. I have many guitars, including a Peavey wolfgang. I play hard rock and metal. This guitar can suit many styles. I play this through a Peavey Vypyr and it plays great. A normal rg would cost 399-499. This guitar is a little for expensive, but you get a better trem than the edge 3. Better pickups. The s body is awesome. If they put this trem on a rg 350-370 they would sell many more rgs. I have not compared this guitar to the S520EX.

this thing feels really durable. I gigged with it once. Played about 8 songs with it and it stayed it tune through some whammy abuse. Everything seems pretty solid. I have heard the trem is made up of cheap metal and has had the bar attachment get snapped. I tighten mine all the time. Ibanez has confirmed this and reissues the zrtrem 2 for the higher end models. Mine seems fine. I think if the bar is loose maybe that's when it snaps, not sure. it's been good for three months.

Setup from the factory was perfect, in Standard tuning. It played well, but I like to tune down. The cool part is that the guitar does not need tools to adjust the spring tension. It has a roller type setup on the back. From there you can simply adjust the srping tension. Ibanez says that did their best for a toolless design. I love the guitar.

I think mine is a 2009 model from indonesia. It has a wizard neck with 22 frets. The finish is kinda cool because it does not show finger prints and does not look dirty. I love the zr trem. It is smooth and it actually stays in tune. I tested it in Standard tuning and droping the tuning a 1/2 step. You actully get a 5 way selector Switch and can achieve some nice tones. I like the two humbucker combo, I always hated the middle pickup in the rg series. I actually got this before I could try it. I had an rg and the guitar was good, but on great, something was missing. I took the rg back and got this.

hitpeace
    Does it take a long time to tune from standard to drop D using this guitar.