S370 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S370

Purchased from: Used

I Tried metal, rock, country, blues and jazz and it sound like magical. I plug it into my Mesa Dual Rectifier with my GT-8 and the sound was unbelievable. It sound not too noisy, not very bright and has a rich cool sound. The guitar is good for any harmonics: natural, pinch, tap etc. But it Need to change the pickups.

I Play Metal and it's very good for me. I'm playing since 3 years and with my Mesa it sound really great. If this guitar were stolen, I wouldn't buy the same guitar I would buy the Ibanez S2170FW. I love my guitar, I love the agressive tone it could have and the clear tone too. I Hate only the scratches. If you put DiMarzio pickups, Floyd Rose Zero Gravity and you put the S2170FW neck on it, it would be the best guitar ever been!

This guitar withstand Live playing! The guitar seemed to me solid but the volume and tone button isn't much. The strap button is pretty solid. You can't depend on this gutar for a show, when a string breaks, try to replace a string in 2 min with a Floyd Rose. The Finish is pretty cool. They did not paint the guitar, they only put some vernish. The guitar get scratch too easily.

I love the finish. The hardware used for this guitar is pretty solid. The only thing that I hate was that the guitar get scratch too easily. This guitar is too cheap. Ibanez need to put more feature on it like better pickups, better Floyd etc. The pickups were a bit to close to the strings, so I had to lower them slightly.

This guitar is made in Japan in 2003. It has 22 jumbo frets and has a wooden finish on a carved top mahogany Strat body. The guitar has an Ibanez Floyd Rose. There's 3 controls: volume, tone and 5-way pickup selector. It has 3 humbleckers that I dunno the model. The tuners are the stocks Ibanez. When I Bought it, the guy did not gave me the case so I don't know what the included accessories.

OXL
    Good guitar as long as you don't downtune it and put thicker strings on it. In that case the frets need to be sanded down. Or at least, that's my experience, tuned in C# with 0.11 strings. When it came out of the box it played fantastic. I'm going to bring it away soon for a tune up and I'm putting an EMG pickup I have lying around on it. I also like the inlays. When giging I always have a backup in case a string breaks or something likt that. (had some bad experiences in the past)