S470 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S470

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music, Hong Kong

My style is mainly hard rock, some metal (that I can play) some alternative goth, and rock'n roll. It suits me perfectly because this guitar was made especially for live rock performances. thats why this guitar has such a high quality tremelo, but sometimes it gets in the way when you rest your hands and palm mute. I use this guitar with a Fender Frontman 15R which I think is a great durable amp. I haven't tried the amp with any other guitar and the sound on my guitar is extremely clear on non overdrive and sometimes you can get a slightly damp tone, or you can get an extremely noisy hard sound.

I think this guitar is perfect, durable, and it didn't cost too much, it was 3800 HK dollars, you do the math (3800 divided by 8) gives you a rough idea of the price in US bucks. If it were stolen or lost, I probably would buy it again as it would be boring, I might want to get a Gibson, or maybe an Ibanez JS1000.

I'm pretty sure I could go into a gig without a back-up guitar, but I use extra light strings which snap easily. It is an amazingly durable guitar, or maybe it's just cause I treat it like a king. The finish is amazing, no scratches that are noticable.

Nothin was wrong with my guitar, simple as that. Everything fresh and clean as it was fresh off the line.

This guitar is resonably small and extremely thin which I find extremely handy and stylish. It has 21 Frets and has a 5 way pickup selector which gives you access to a HUGE amount of tones used in combination with the tone dial. It has a volume dial placed so its easy to suddenly adjust volume while playing achieving a graet fading sound. It has a Floyd Rose which holds strings in very well and even if the top bit of the string is cut, it keeps the guitar is tune, and the string in place. The neck is extremely thin, and jumbo frets which provides effortless fretboard work. My guitar came with a bag, tools, and a cable.