S470 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S470

As is with most Ibanez guitars, the sound is flexible to many styles of music. I play everything from acoustic rock to heavy metal and this works perfectly. I run it through a Line 6 212 amp and it sounds amazing. I usually leave it on the bridge humbucker when I'm playing metal, the single coil when I'm playing acoustic, and the neck humbucker when I want that messy electric guitar sound. Also, the tuning locks and the whammie bar are most excellent and lots of fun to mess around with when you are just getting the hang of your guitar.

I play everything. I have a solo project where I play acoustic, one band that plays punk, and one that plays metal, and this is exactly what I was looking for. I've been playing for 4 years now and I own some Random effects pedals and a Line 6 212 amp. I own an ESP MG-750 and a KH-2 Kirk Hammet Signature with all of Kirk's specs, and this guitar probably matches up to it for a much lower price. I love this guitar's sleek body, and if it were ever stolen, I'd definitely get another one. This guitar can be explained in a word: perfect.

Yes, this guitar is perfect for live shows. I would definitely take this to shows (and I have) without a backup guitar. The finish hasn't worn down after two years of constant shredding, so I'm positive it's gonna last a long time. This guitar is solid and completely reliable.

Everything was perfect. One thing though (and it may just be my strings) is that the guitar sort of plays off-pitch on the higher notes of the G-string. I didn't notice it until just a couple weeks ago (and I've had this guitar for 2 years) so it is probably just that I need to replace the strings on my guitar. It still plays better than almost any guitar I've ever played.

This guitar is probably one of the best I've ever played! It was made in 2003 (I'm guessing) and it has 22 jumbo frets. It features cool inlays on the fretboard that you could compare to "squiggily lines" I guess. It has a textured finish so you won't really need to polish it. Also, it has a 5-way switcher, which is very nice to give the pickups a good mix. It's extremely thin which makes it easier to go faster up and down the neck. Overall, this is a most excellent guitar that deserves a 10/5!