S470 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S470

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

The sound of this guitar just makes you want to slap yourself to see if you are dreaming, I ain't kidding once I picked up this thing I ain't want to put it down. I play alternative, heavy metal, acoustic, rock, and jazz. And this guitar fits every single one of those category with ease. This axe runs through a 1975 Music Man tube amp, o my sweet Jesus! This sound comes out like a choir of angels singing. Trust me it's beautiful. The neck pickup is terrific for acoustic, the middle of great for a bluesy tone, and the bridge is uberly good for leads.

The only flaw of this guitar is that if you don't buy it you ll miss out on a lot of great tone and blah I don't know what else to say about this thing. I could list and list for 8 weeks. I have spent 2 months of 4 hours a day, 6 days a week (that's like close to 200 hours) researching to see if this was the perfect guitar for me, I'm dead serious. Why so long? I didn't actually go play this axe in the store so I had to make sure that I was buying the right stuff, I had $500 to spend and I didn't plan on buying a piece of crap. So if you are an online buyer I guess this would be your guide. By the way check out Ibanez.com for more info!

I think that this guitar will last a very long time because the hardware and wood seems to be made from such good material. The wood for the fretboard is the same wood that is made on the more expensive models, the wood of the body is the same as the wood made on Gibson's guitar, mahogany. the ZR tremolo is made from die cast metal. the black finish it beautiful. by the way tell me a finish that would last if you play a lot on it, if you could tell me because I ll buy it. I think I can probably smack someone across the head with this guitar and it will still stay in one piece. I'm just worried about the other guy's head because this guitar is so thin it would probably slice the guy's head in half.

Ibanez techies are uberly great. The guitar came out in a perfectly set up axe. It was even tuned close to a tuned guitar. The finish it this guitar is beautiful just take good care of it to keep it look great. The action on this guitar is so low that it is effortless to press the strings down. I ain't lying. I have 6 other guitars (Yamaha, PRS, Hammer, Schecter, Fender, and another Ibanez) this is by far the lowest action and the best feel.

This guitar that I bought was made in the year 2005. It features 22 frets, the fretboard is a smooth, thin, jumbo fret which makes it extremely effortless to play lead and chords. The headstock it tilted back for better sustain. This one that I bought has a glossy black finish to it which makes it a beautifully attractive guitar in every occassion. There is a ZR locking tremolo (Zero Resistance) strapped on this axe. The thing is so freakin smooth it is unbelieveable. I could dive-bomb this thing so low to where this thing touches the pickup. It has a H-S-H pick up configuration, 2 knobs for volume and tone and a 5 way Switch for access to a numerous amount of tones.