S470 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S470

Purchased from: GTR Huddersfield

My personal style of music varies really. I love blues and I love metal. Thus this guitar being perfect for me, you can stick a wee bit of over Drive on it place it on the neck pickup and listen to it purr all night, or slap the old distortion on and give it some welly. However I do disagree with earlier comments about the clean sound not being so good, I personally love it. All personal taste I suppose. It is honestly the most versatile guitar I have ever played. I have being playing for nearly three years now and have progressed exremely quickly (there is a guy living down the road form me that has played in a band for 20 years and I am better than him). I have given this to a freind of mines dad who works in a studio, he played it and offered to buy it off me. That's how great this guitar is. So versatile. I'm one of these sad acts that has nothing better to do on a hungover saturday than to go to the local shop and play all the gibsons etc and this woops all of their asses. Amazing. Sums it up nicely. However, there are one or to gliches with the pick ups not being to everyones taste as they are not Seymour Duncan or DiMarzio, you might wish to change yours.

It matches perfectly for any type of music and I mean any. I also own a BC Rich (don't ask me why. Old mosher days). I did not know much about this guitar, only I like Ibanez and this looked cool I played it in the shop for 2 hours! I also have a Fender Strat (who doesn't) but I like my guitars to be different (hence the BC Rich) so I broke away from the norm of Fender and Gibson, and hey presto found the best guitar I have ever played. If it were stolen or lost I would cry and kill the bastard who dared rob my guitar. And also buy a new one. I compared it to another Ibanez and a Gibson Les Paul Studio and this annihalated them both on shear quality and price.

This guitar rocks whether in the house or on the stage. I've played blues gigs and rock gigs with is. It has never let me down. Backup? What backup! However in the unlickely incident of a snapped string have a spare guitar as they arent quick to restring, tuning takes a while too (as I have explained), but it will never go out of tune ever or hasn't yet anyway. Withstands dive bombs, bends vibrato everything. Fantastic finish (not sure of the boffin name) but hasn't shown a mark yet.

Tremelo bar-well as it is a floating trem there is the problem of the tuning (as you tune one string higher the one above goes flatter, this is because it floats and moves) one way round this is to tune all strings slightly sharp and then lock it, then fine tuning on the bridge, abit of time and care is needed but after this it will not let you down.

I bought this guitar little over a month ago, it is a 2005 model in ice blue. It has a Korean origin and was inspected by my good freind, factory guy I think. It comes equipped with 22 jumbo frets (beautiful) a mahogany body and of course what others have said about the pickups etc. There is a slight problem for palm muting but it is easily over come (practice).