S470 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S470

Purchased from: Too Many Guitars (Tucker)

I play alot of ZZ Top and it sounds great for that, I use a Danelectro Grilled Cheese Distortion pedal and it sounds awesome through my Tranzamp G30. Almost no noise out of the single coil puckup. It's got a really fat sound, and a great variety of different tones/sounds.

I play alot of blues rock and metal and this guitar suits it perfect, I've been playing for 3 or 4 years, I own an Ibanez EX360, a custom Strat copy I built, a tranzamp G30, a Fender Princeton 65W with a DSP, and some other stuff. I have no regrets about buying this guitar, if it were stolen I would find it and murder the theif. I love everything about this guitar, my favorite feature is probly the floyd rose or the neck pickup (which has lots of potential if you raise it up a little). I wish it had a second tone knob just for the middle pickup. It's a great guitar.

This guitar is great for live performances, the hardware seems like it should last about 10 years (maybe). Good strap buttons, I would probly gig without a backup with this guitar, the finish chips easily but it doesn't rub off.

The action was pretty good from the factory but I lowered it a little to find out that 2 frets were a bit too high. No biggie. Everythings good here. The finish is a little delecate.

It's a 2003 Korean made guitar, 22 jumbo frets, rosewood fretboard, mahogany body, red rock finish, double cutaway carved body, Ibanez floyd rose bridge, passive electronics, 1 volume and one tone knob, 5 way pickup selector, H/S/H. Came with a hard case and 5 packs of strings and a cable.