S470 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S470

Purchased from: Sound Control, Leicester

I am primarily a metal/hard rock musician so, obvisouly, an Ibanez was at the top of my list of guitars to buy, and I haven't have loved the distortion it provides when used with my Marshall amplifier. However, I am also partial to an occasional blues session and this guitar adapts brilliantly to the different styles of music yet one must remember that this guitar is, first and foremost, a metal guitar.

This a perfect guitar for the musician Who is partial to all kinds of genre of music, be it metal to blues, hard rock to classic rock. I have been playing for about 2 and a half years now and this guitar is perfect for my style of playing, if I break this guitar (which I'm sure it could withstand anyway), I'd quite happily go out and buy it all over again.

This guitar and quite possibly, the perfect Live guitar. It has a very thin, light body which means that it won't put a strain on your shoulder during a set and I have been thrashing my Ibanez ever since I got it and absolutely nothing has gone wrong with it. The strap buttons are absolutely solid so there's no need to worry about dropping your precious Ibanez on the stage floor. I have used it for many-a-gig with my band, and also my solo career and I haven't needed to use another guitar ever.

The action on my Ibanez was absolutely perfect for what I needed. There was no tiresome setting up to be done once it had arrived, I just tuned it up and let the music roll! My Ibanez came in flawless condition and much quicker than I had anticipated and the pickups were set up perfectly, as well.

I had my guitar ordered straight from the Ibanez manufacturer and it came within a weak. It has a very thin, 22 fret neck and an extremely thin mahogany body which provides amazing tone for a thin guitar. It has a ZR double-locking tremelo bridge which provides flawless tuning. It packs two humbucking pickups and one single coil pickup which provides an amazing range of tones.