S470 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S470

Purchased from: Friend

I usually play Hardcore/Deathcore, but also play some 80's rock, the emgs suit them pretty well I must say. At home I play this S470 through a Crate XT120R and it sounds really good! I get some feedback but not a lot. At my bands' practice spot I play it through a Marshall Valvesate 100 Head, through a 1960BV and it sounds even better! Through the EMGs' I get a full rich sounds from the bridge pickup. I don't really use the middle pickup, doesn't really sound good compared to the EMG, but it does however sound good on clean! I don't have the stock pickups so I can't really say much. I did play another S470 at guitar center, and it did sound good.

These guitars retail for about 600 us dollars? I bought mine for 140 dollars, I love it and I think it is well worth the price (600). I've been playing for about 4 years, and this is my 5th guitar. I'm starting to play this more then the others! If this guitar were to get stolen, I would be pissed. This guitar sounds great, looks great, plays great. I love the thin neck, and the thin body. The guitar is overall really light. I wish the guitar came with stock EMG pickups instead of the INF pickups. Mine did so I can't argue.

I've always wanted an Ibanez which is why I bought this one. It was cheap, and wasn't a beginners guitar. I do think this guitar would withstand live playing, Ibanez are meant to last. I can depend on it but I would bring another guitar as a backup. Its always good to have a backup incase anything happens. Again I had this guitar repainted, the body atleast. The neck still seems in good condition, I'm guessing the finish is going to last, because I always take care of my guitars!

I didn't buy this guitar new off the shelf. My friend didn't know how to set up the guitar, but I did. It didn't play good at first, but it plays like a dream now! Eventhough I bought this guitar used, it plays very well, and I have no problems with it. The tuners are a little oxidized but I'm having them replaced with better ones. I have this guitar set up in Drop B, and it sounds great, I'm changing it to standard later on though, to see how that sounds.

My S470 was made in 2000, in korea. It has 22 jumbo frets, rosewood fingerboard. The body is made of Mahogany, and the neck is Maple. The neck is very thin, and really good for shredding. The finish in which I got this guitar wasn't to my liking, kind of faded and scratched, so I had it painted alpine white. The body style is very thing, and lightweight. The bridge is an Ibanez Floyd Rose Low-Pro Tremolo. When I bought this guitar I bought it with some EMG-HZ passive pickups. I believe the original pickups are INF? The tuners are locking, I don't know what brand they are thought.

TunaFish
    Hey guys Would you choose this or the RG350EX? The EX i heard is bad at handling alternative tunings(locking tremolo?) But in terms of sound, which is better? I want a metal/alternative sound and to record it via toneport. I use alternative tuning's alot.
    el Joes
    i bought S470 left handed on ebay a month ago and I'm a little bit disappointed with the AH1,AH2 pickups, i also have a schecter hellraiser with EMG 81 & 85 which sounds pretty awesome, now, how can i set the EMG's on my Ibanez S470??, i saw some reviews and seems to be complicated anyway