S470 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: S470

Purchased from: Craigslist

I play anything from Jazz to rap metal and this guitar can handle all of it. This guitar is a very good "blank canvas" sounding guitar meaning any effect you use will sound great, although it does sound a piercing for a jazz solo but that would mean just replacing the pickups. The guitar is made out of mahogany, so it has that big thick Les Paul sounding low notes and somehow, Telecaster Icepick Highs.

The only thing you should ask about this guitar is about the Floyd Rose. This was my first guitar with a Floyd and many people ( including me) don't know what they're getting in to with a Floyd. My favorite feature would be the 5 way selector, it just gives so many option to the tone of the guitar. If you find one of these for cheap, Buy it. You won't be sorry.

This is one of the most reliable guitars around.Period. It has Super solid strap buttons, the body although super thin, Is hard as a rock, and could withstand pretty much anything. The finish I have would never in a million years wear off. This guitar is indestructible I would definitely Use this on a gig without a backup hands down. The only problem I could think of is a snapped string from the tremolo and that's a 2 minute fix.

I bought this off of craigslist, so I have no Idea how much the previous owner had to adjust. The humbucker covers are very susceptible to oxidizing but as long as you keep that under control everything's fine. A few other parts are prone to oxidize but like I said just keep it clean and you'll have no trouble at all

The 2003 model I have bought has wave mother of pearl inlays, Jumbo frets, solid mahogany body, 5-way selector, Floyd Rose style "floating Bridge", Superstrat body, 2 humbucker 1 single wound pickup configuration, rosewood finger boards, locking nut, and the classic Ibanez s series headstock. A great thrash and metal guitar.

krewsk8er678
    i own two Ibanez's right now and i love them both. However, it is debatable on whether they are thebest because it entirely depends on what kind ofstuff you're into playing. But for what my band plays, they're perfect.
    xmosh12x
    Minolta wrote: Does it stay in tune when divebombing?
    Most trems stay in tune when divebombing if it's set up correctly. I had an RG370dx, they say the trem is crap, but if you set it up correctly it works fine